Reading The Signs, Awareness Around You..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
everyone who used to make fun of me is now asking a lot of questions. and to come and stay with them so i can

1. show them how to cook
2. show them how to can
3. help them build a food storage system
4. be their live in nanny

and no way on #4

the rest i'll consider

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
chickenone said:
FarmerChick said:
chickenone said:
Sometimes times are good, sometimes they are bad. This has been going on forever. There is nothing new "going on". It is a cycle.
I agree with this because regardless of 'what our times are now' they happened before to some extent.
I mean, it's never fun being in a down cycle; but keep in mind that what goes down, comes up. It always has.
I imagine it takes a while for the whole "coming up" part though. Re: poisoned crops. :/

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
I would never make fun of you OFG, i think your "Right On"...:) Being a single divorced guy...well., i sure wish i could meet a senseable, sweet lady like yourself...do ya think you could find time for an aging homesteader..? lol...Whoahhhhh! i don't even know if your single or married...! Please advise...:)

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
chickenone said:
FarmerChick said:
I agree with this because regardless of 'what our times are now' they happened before to some extent.
I mean, it's never fun being in a down cycle; but keep in mind that what goes down, comes up. It always has.
I imagine it takes a while for the whole "coming up" part though. Re: poisoned crops. :/
Industrial sabotage is despicable but it is nothing new.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
I would never make fun of you OFG, i think your "Right On"...:) Being a single divorced guy...well., i sure wish i could meet a senseable, sweet lady like yourself...do ya think you could find time for an aging homesteader..? lol...Whoahhhhh! i don't even know if your single or married...! Please advise...:)
ha! good one.. and yes i come with a husband. but may i introduce to to the other ladies....

*points to other girls*

:)

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Thanks.....great responses..yeah, it sounds like it's the basic decline of the dollar, at least here in the USA...I see the smaller amounts in shopping carts (that usaually cost more), fewer miles to the gallon of gas.The whole scene provokes thought, no..? Kinda scary...we know the gov't. just keeps printing money, thats losing value daily. JUST keep on growing stuff,learning new survival skills..I hate the thought of Doom & Gloom, but we need to face our present day truths...Lets face it, we need to do all the more for ourselves /family then ever before.This isn't a down cycle that i expect to make a come back...At least here in north America,or the world, its a new reality...IMO..

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Oh dang, OFG, just my luck your claimed....! Are your lady friends as smart and witty as yourself...? If so, give them my contact info..lol..:)

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ah, chicken, I never said it was a *new* concept, ever, only that it takes a while to come back from that level of damage.

And Tanks, thanks for the offer, but I don't think customs would approve too much. XD I would hate to cause anyone a 60K bill! :O

We have some lovely purple and white Tasmanian garlic here, which is cheap enough to buy the clove at the nursery, but in stores is surprisingly pricey, for being local. o_O I'm hoping to get some successful garlic bulbs grown from those cloves, and take it from there.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am not sure what some constitute as a sign,...being here in a very small rural community that seems to be 20 years behind everyone else anyway,..I have noticed that most people are beginning to live more frugally,...getting back to the old ways so to speak. Not so many new cars on the road now,..not so many flashy toys either(4-wheelers,motorcycles). Everyone seems to be more concerned about what they are doing for themselves and family. Many more gardens being planted,..many more backyard chicken keepers,..many more people raising livestock,hogs,steers,..etc.,... I was astonished for the first time in years ,..we attended out local flea market this morning,..and people were selling ramps everywhere,..and people were buying them! You used not be able to give them away,..apparently people have begun to appreciate that wild food once more. I do see a difference here,...a slow gradual change amongst the locals to get back to their roots. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.