Reading The Signs, Awareness Around You..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I used to walk from my parent's apartment (across from Grandma & Grandpa's house) to the liquor store and buy a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of Lancers wine for mom & dad. There was enough change to buy an orange push-up pop for myself. I was 4 or 5. I think they gave me a $5 bill :gig

If it is truly a fad, so beit. But in either case, a valuable skill is being revived and at least some folks will be able to use it to keep the family fed in winter.
Bingo
AND A 4 or 5 yr old COULD BUY THAT STUFF

now I get carded to buy liquor almost and I am old HA HA HA

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
im pretty sure thats my opinion that im entitled to and you have your opinion that your entitled to as well

i dont agree with you so i suppose what you say is not TRUE

chickenone said:
elijahboy said:
i have found that people (no matter who) will talk to you only to get information about your life to either chat behind your back or use it against you later

always remember if they are talking to you about someone then they are talking to someone about you also
That is totally not true about people. I know I don't do that, nor do my friends. Most people have better things to talk about than you.

You must have spent your life around some truly awful people. The vast majority are not like that.

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
im pretty sure thats my opinion that im entitled to and you have your opinion that your entitled to as well

i dont agree with you so i suppose what you say is not TRUE

chickenone said:
elijahboy said:
i have found that people (no matter who) will talk to you only to get information about your life to either chat behind your back or use it against you later

always remember if they are talking to you about someone then they are talking to someone about you also
That is totally not true about people. I know I don't do that, nor do my friends. Most people have better things to talk about than you.

You must have spent your life around some truly awful people. The vast majority are not like that.
no it's not just my opinon. It's my experience. You can't say that about ALL people. I know it's not true for me, and therefore you can't say that all people are like that. You must have run into some nut jobs in your life. The world is full of wonderful people. That is a fact- not just an opinon. I hope you have a wonderful day and see the good that is around you.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You say:
The world is full of wonderful people. That is a fact- not just an opinon. I hope you have a wonderful day and see the good that is around you.

I say:
The world is full of not so wonderful people. I guess then that would be a fact also-not just an opinion.

I also say:
Then we are BOTH right. NO ONE is to say whether what the other says is true. Im pretty sure I have never found a person hanging out in my left pocket my entire life to say I havent seen these type of people. I didnt say all people because obviously I have not met EVERYONE. So it must be that I was referring to the people I have come in contact with.

You have a wonderful day also.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yes, Elijahboy, there are both types. I am really sorry you have experienced the negative type. I know those sort of people can spoil your outlook on EVERYONE you meet after that for a very long time. I hope you are lucky enough to meet some wonderful people who will rekindle your appreciation of the human race. :)

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was trying to say what Drakemaiden said only she said it much better. I did not mean to argue with you. It's just that I know I am not like the people you know; and I know many great people who are not like that and it makes me sad that people like that are all you know. The world is a much better place than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.