Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am so happy for you! You've had enough health challenges so it's really great to hear that you're improving!!
:weee:weee:weee

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
That tortilla soup sounds lovely. You could garnish with some cheddar shreds and cilantro too
My wife is one of those folks to get the soap taste with cilantro. I had my bowl with lots of cheese

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Britesea! I'm trying really hard not to replace the microwave. Why? I dunno, lol. Just wanted to see if we could live without it. But, mainly I don't want to replace it if it can be repaired. I think it would only take a very inexpensive little part to fix it...but youtube says something about one of the parts storing electric current so be very careful when you replace it. YIKES! DH isn't loving the idea of no microwave though. But, in reality the only time I miss it is when I'm heating the milk for the goat's bottle.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FEM- there are so many affordable microwaves out there now. No need to repair if you can replace something like that. For safety sake.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ugh...we have one too. I love it...and hate it. DH installed it. I helped. Kinda. Sorta. Love it because there is NO room on the counter for one, or room for a micro cart. It is big....1,000 watts. I do alot of cooking with it.
It has a great exhaust fan. And stove light. And it is new. 2012.

Hate the part that...I am short..and have spilled hot food removing it. Difficult to clean. Did I mention...I am short? :hide:confused:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man - I understand your challenge! Along with being inconvenient - it is definitely dangerous to think that you might (and have) dumped hot food on yourself. So, are you short? LOL!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh man - I understand your challenge! Along with being inconvenient - it is definitely dangerous to think that you might (and have) dumped hot food on yourself. So, are you short? LOL!

Who....me? :hide I used to be....5'2". Then, middle age seems to have shrunk me down to 5'1" :hit

When I had a Chevy Astro van, early 90's, I had to use this HUGE pillow for a booster seat...so I could see over the dash t drive it. I pretty much stick to Japanese cars, and STILL, must pull the seat up all the way.:hit

Last edited: