Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
That tortilla soup sounds lovely. You could garnish with some cheddar shreds and cilantro too
My wife is one of those folks to get the soap taste with cilantro. I had my bowl with lots of cheese

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
20180318_211435.jpg
This is a winner, particularly with Lilly's SF chocolate morsels, Walden Farms SF chocolate sauce, peanuts, and whipped cream.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gotta endorse the Low Carb Mug Cake recipe! I tried it and it IS good! I put it in foil cupcake liners and put it in the toaster oven because my microwave is dead. It worked just fine and I want 6 more!

@FarmerJamie - thanks for posting that!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Britesea! I'm trying really hard not to replace the microwave. Why? I dunno, lol. Just wanted to see if we could live without it. But, mainly I don't want to replace it if it can be repaired. I think it would only take a very inexpensive little part to fix it...but youtube says something about one of the parts storing electric current so be very careful when you replace it. YIKES! DH isn't loving the idea of no microwave though. But, in reality the only time I miss it is when I'm heating the milk for the goat's bottle.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FEM- there are so many affordable microwaves out there now. No need to repair if you can replace something like that. For safety sake.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM- there are so many affordable microwaves out there now. No need to repair if you can replace something like that. For safety sake.
That's definitely true. It's really not the money - it's the hassle that I'm avoiding, lol. This one goes over the stove and is the vent fan and it's a PIA to install. Ask me how I know... ugh. Probably have the next one installed for us.

But, part of the reason I haven't replaced it is that I'm actually enjoying real cooking again. I have an electric tea kettle to heat water, a toaster oven for other small things and I honestly haven't missed it that much...:hu

I'm old enough to remember life before microwaves so it isn't total culture shock for me, lol! I'm sure I will replace it at some point...but in no rush right now.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ugh...we have one too. I love it...and hate it. DH installed it. I helped. Kinda. Sorta. Love it because there is NO room on the counter for one, or room for a micro cart. It is big....1,000 watts. I do alot of cooking with it.
It has a great exhaust fan. And stove light. And it is new. 2012.

Hate the part that...I am short..and have spilled hot food removing it. Difficult to clean. Did I mention...I am short? :hide:confused:

Latest posts