Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Lunch was cooked coleslaw mix, canned tomatoes, meatballs, seasoning, and shredded parm
20180211_113945.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I first looked at the pic I thought the meatballs were okra, lol. That looks delish. We love cabbage and one of my next "to try" recipes is cabbage rolls made with the Miracle Noodle substitute rice. Haven't done it yet - but I'm anxious to try it!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Good carbs? For me, no such thing. Net carb/fiber counts don't translate. Exercise does more. Lolol.

First go-round, dropped 60 pounds, A1C down 4 points. Life got in the way, but on my way back down. Down 20 pounds in 6 months.

Did not realize how much my gardening kept me out of trouble. Lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Garden German Charomile tea, juice of 1/2 squeezed orange, 1 cap full of Bragg's organic ACV, a squirt of local honey.
IMG_20180211_221256.jpg

Seep about a tsp of air dried and crushed flower heads in hot water for a couple of minutes. Add fruit or berries, a cap full of Bragg's ACV and local honey. Stir up real well and drink. About 1/2 hour after you finish, you'll feel the worries of the day leave your mind, you'll feel very relaxed and you'll sleep like a baby.

I suggest drinking about an hour before bed time. You won't get high or anything like that but it's great to gently and significantly reduce stress and relax you.

There are two genes of Charomile, German and Roman - you want German. It's very easy to grow in the garden. But sowing the seed is difficult. I ordered a package of German Charomile seeds and there were like 10,000 in this little tiny package. I rolled out some toilet paper so I could see the little tiny specks that are seeds. Once you get it established, it reseeds it's self every year even if you till it under. Sow seeds early so it doesn't have to compete with weeds early on to get a well established bed.

Harvest just the flowers right when the little tiny flowers center turns yellow brown. Air dry the flowers on a paper plate and bag for use. Leave some flowers for natural reseeding for the next year's growth. It seems like the more flowers you pick the more the plants produce. 1 - 25 row is plenty enough for a whole years worth of nightly tea for a single person. But honestly if you were to.pick it more often you'll get a lot more. I pick just enough for.my use then leave it grow to reseeds it's self.

Anyways if you want to try it to see.how it works for you - try a package from the grocery store first. That's how I discovered that it works great for me.
http://www.bigelowtea.com/Store/img/products/0000041-cozy-chamomile.png
Or
https://shop.celestialseasonings.com/img/product/cel-000102.png

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Long, long time hot tea drinker of a good black tea. I prefer it strong, with a little cream, slight touch of sugar. Gotta say that I have never really gotten into the various teas out there. The few I have tried didn't excite me. But this may have merits that will change my thinking.

I like the idea of buying a couple bags FIRST, LOL. So many teas can be made from home grown product, it makes sense to do so. Thanks for the grow/harvest info.