Rebeccas journal-it ran!!!!!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a whole new journal since I am going to be kinda restarting my SS attempts. I am basically starting over. As of right now I have a milk goat that needs bred, two chickens and a pair of ducks. I got rid of everything else. This time I want to keep it small and only to a few very productive dual purpose animals. I took down my greenhouse and am redoing it smaller but better based on the problems we had last year and this year I am going to try to grow a bigger garden. With Gods help we will be producing a good part or most of our veggies, eggs, meat, and milk with as few animals to feed as possible! The kids want to plant some flax since they read it was used for fiber(they loved spinning wool) so that may be a project we will try this summer and an aquaponics project. Tomorrow we are going to try to start putting up the new greenhouse if it's not raining and maybe start setting up the aquaponics tanks!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome new start! Can I be your kid?! I wanna aquaponics setup and a greenhouse!!!! :lol:

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sure! I could always use an extra set of hands! I kidnapped a nephew for the weekend and made him help this last couple of days!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Sounds like a good new start. Im with WBF would you adopt us both, please? I want a greenhouse too :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's even better than skyping the campfire!! Can you imagine Buffy?! :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
That's even better than skyping the campfire!! Can you imagine Buffy?! :lol:
Actually I am......

Fighting over who will feed the chickens, getting mad because we BOTH wanted to name the baby goat, we'd be great brother and sister :p :lol:

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Alright now you two! NO FIGHTING!!!! Dont make me press the ignore button!