Rebeccas journal-it ran!!!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I vote removable strip. Tape won't hold in the kind of wind we've had today!! ;)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's kinda what I was thinking too plus tape seems to have a hard time holding when it's cold. I may just have some free insulation! I am turning the back porch into a bedroom and someone I know just stopped by and told me they had a roll I could have!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well tomorrow I am going to look at a boer buck to breed my Nubian doe to! I was really looking for a Nubian buck but boer is next best. He's registered too. We didn't get much done to the greenhouse because it was just too cold and it drizzled rain all day, but we did get the toilet overflow tube and flapper installed in one of the old bathtubs for the aquaponics project. I just need to get a fitting and some aquarium silicone. I'm not even sure where to find aquarium silicone but I can probably have it ordered. Today we worked on sealing some leaky spots that were letting cold air in the house with some of the expanding foam stuff. I ended up with it all over me when the straw popped off and it squirted every everywhere and then little hands had to find their way in it somehow and I ended picking it out of hair and that stuff DOES NOT come off! Lol Anyway I had one, maybe two prayers answered depending on what happens with the buck. I just can't wait to see him! I have already decided that he WILL NOT stay! Hopefully he'll do his job and then find a new home this spring. Tomorrow if it's warm enough were going to put the PVC on the greenhouse and the plastic.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This morning the car wouldnt start. :somad I had driven it the day before and it was fine. I still had 40 miles to empty according to it. And all it will do is turn over. So here I am imagining some expensive part has gone out and I'm going to have to borrow a vehicle until I get the money to have it fixed, but I checked the oil just in case and it was low. So I WALKED to the store in the drizzling rain after giving the kids strict instructions about staying inside until I'm back and I get some oil. The store is only a little over a quarter mile, maybe half a mile, so I can make it there and back in literally 15 minutes walking or in this case jogging. So I got the oil. Still wont start. Didn't really figure it would but I wanted to make sure. While I have the key on I see the miles to empty displayed and the number dropping. It went from 40 to 38 then 35... The one thing I just knew was it was NOT out of gas. At least I thought. So anyway I gave the kids strict instructions again and grab a gas can and start back out. I am so not patient. At the store I found an old neighbor who gave me a ride back and helped me with the car. It was out of gas. We put a gallon in it and it started right up. Then of course I felt really stupid and had missed church. The only thing I can figure is that the gas gauge had stuck and since I was parked on a hill it couldnt get the little bit of gas that was left. :th So I learned two things-keep a better eye on the oil and dont let the gas drop below 1/4 of a tank! LOL Anyway I got my buck and he is great! He is only about 8 months old I think and already really big and built great. He is not the one I went to see. It ended up being a wether that was tiny too. Not at all what I was looking for and he wanted $90 for him. The one I got was from a registered boer farm where they also have a few nubians. This buck is half nubian and half boer. The grandfather on the nubian side was there and he was a massive beautiful spotted buck and his momma was a pretty large nubian doe that gave around a gallon a day. The father was a nice boer. He GAVE me the buckling and DELIVERED him! He has a crooked leg and he had planned on just butchering him. Anyway he said the little buck would only bring around $30 at an auction with the bad leg so I gave him $40 since he delivered him. It just didn't feel right taking him for free when I dont plan on keeping him forever. Maybe it's just me, thats how I am. Yesterday the kids and I got the rafters set on the greenhouse. I was already sore from that and them jogging to the store and TWICE in the rain. My rear is dragging right now. I'm sore and tired. But the little buck was an answer to a prayer. I just cant believe that I got a better quality buck for less than half the price that I had planned on paying!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
God always cares for His own-even in ways that we don't expect.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sweet deal Rebecca! Both on the car and the buck ;) God is watching out for you for sure :) I missed church today too, and got in a really GREAT hour and a half bible study and a short nap before DH and DD got back :D Soemtimes He knows we need a break :hu

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you're not totally against Walmart, they have the aquarium sealant. OR, you could hit the home improvement section (or a store for it) and just buy a caulking gun and a tube of silicone. If I remember correctly, the caulking gun/tube of silicone is the same price as the tiny little tube of the same stuff in the pet section.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Sorry you couldnt get to church but sweet, sweet deal on the goatie!

Latest posts