Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oops. I just saw that. I meant feet not inches! Lol

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
Oops. I just saw that. I meant feet not inches! Lol
I was just picturing the cast of Gnomeo working in their tiny little greenhouse!!! ;)

No worries! I think we'd have figured that out! :)

ETA: Oh, and pics please!!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I thought it sounded small! :lol:

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That was a cute movie!

No pics though. My camera bit the dust and I don't think I'll be able to get a new one anytime soon.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
That was a cute movie!

No pics though. My camera bit the dust and I don't think I'll be able to get a new one anytime soon.
I feel your pain, I have to use the crappy cell phone camera if I want pics.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Last couple of days we've been getting the garden area ready and today I started tilling. It has been absolutely beautiful the last week other than a day or two of clouds and misty rain earlier this week. It was almost 70 today! Anyway I tilled about half the garden with my new to me tiny tiller. I LOVED it and it was sooo easy to use! I was just kinda off in my own little world tilling away and thinking about what a beautiful day it was and what a great garden we were going to have this year. Anyway we also got the door of the greenhouse almost finished. I am really thinking it may be better to use the plastic from the hardware store because the poly I have is getting old and has several tears in it now. I can fix them but it isn't all that pretty. New poly is around $150 and is just out of the question. I wouldn't care how it looked, but we live next to a highway that's fairly busy and, well, it would be different if it were just me looking at it! Lol At one point I thought about just taking the whole thing down, but the kids out voted me. They wanted to keep it whether it was ugly or not. I am sooo tired and tomorrow is going to be all day with the homeschool group. They have an art class at nine till noon the swimming indoors from noon till three. I know they are going to have a blast!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Just one thing, if you use the plastic from the hardware store, it may not last long enough to get your seeds started and in the ground. (Ask me how I know.)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It has rained and snowed all day. Starting to freezing rain now. The pipes in the back bathroom froze and broke Saturday night. Saturday we spent the day cleaning out the shed and I was covered in dust, and "stuff" only to get in and realize the pipes were broken. They had only froze in the back and since we never use the back I didn't know it! So we were without water over the weekend. I got under the house and found why they had frozen and why the furnace used so much gas. All the insulation had fallen out from under the house and was shredded and dangling. So I guess while I have the dumpster I will pull out the old insulation and put in new. I just happen to have a roll that was given to me that should do most of it! One of the duct pipes had also come loose. I also have a drain pipe to fix that goes from the tub. And I need to put in shut off valves to the back so I can turn off the water back there and still have it in the rest of the house. :th oh well I guess it has to be done even though I was quite happy living in ignorance of what was going on under there. Did I mention I HATE close spaces? Anyway I am going to convert one of the sheds I'm cleaning out into a chicken house and the other I'm going to fix up for storage. I finally finished tilling the garden the other day when it was warm. The greenhouse is almost finished but still has no heat. I put down some nonslip black plastic stuff that came out of a shop down to help hold the heat. It's a pretty big piece and covers most of the floor. Right now the dumpster and emptying out the sheds is priority along with the work under the house. Since we never use the back I just capped the lines for now. All my other projects are on hold. I am so excited that those sheds are finally going to be empty!!!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Sounds like you got quite a bit done! And, putting that insulation in should help w/your heating bills.