recycled wool sweaters

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Look for wool suit jackets too...they felt very nicely IF they don't have the iron on stabalizer that won't peel off. I have felted jackets that had stabalizer lining that you could peel off but the other stuff is almost impossible. Of course with suit jackets, etc. you have to deconstruct the garment first before the washer and dryer.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Looks like some cute projects-but I'm allergic to wool :(

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I think I get how to make the tea cups. Those are so stinking cute!!!

Good idea on the suit jackets.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I personally peeled the interfacing off of two jackets last weekend, when I bought them for taking apart and felting. Unfortunately, they are not fluffy or furry - just a little washed looking. I felt bad taking these gorgeous ladies suit jackets apart, but they were only $1 each.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
What are you going to do with them now? :pop

I have a nice peachy-pink Chanel-type wool jacket that will probably never get worn around here again. Hmmm....

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My first felted wool sweater is almost dry. Nice and felty!

Just a head's up, put your wool sweater in a pillow case or something, it made a huge mess in the washing machine. Who knows what the drain looks like! :ep YIKES!!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
My first felted wool sweater is almost dry. Nice and felty!

Just a head's up, put your wool sweater in a pillow case or something, it made a huge mess in the washing machine. Who knows what the drain looks like! :ep YIKES!!
Oh heck yeah it can make a huge mess, I tie my goodies up in a pillowcase, sometimes they still escape.
I have to felt in a front loader, which takes longer, but its kinda cool cause I can check the progress and it doesn't get felted too much.

You can throw in an old pair of jeans or something to help agitate, but don't use anything like a towel. Last time I did it I threw in a plastic bowl :gig hey it works! :gig

whetzelmomma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
There are several shops on etsy that make dryer balls with them!!