Recycling furniture

rdranch

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
couches also make wonderful bonfires.
There are some out there that are so disgusting that burning them is doing the planet a favor! I speak from experience.:p

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
This does make me want to grab a gas can...
Photo-10565.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:lol: My parents had that chair and ottoman!!!!

One day, an awful smell was coming from somewhere in the house. Mom searched for over a day, finally, on day two, she found it in the crack of that chair between the seat cushion and the arm.......

The dog had found and eaten an entire dead rabbit, almost whole, and puked up the decaying carcass in that chair!!!! :gig :sick

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
:lol: My parents had that chair and ottoman!!!!

One day, an awful smell was coming from somewhere in the house. Mom searched for over a day, finally, on day two, she found it in the crack of that chair between the seat cushion and the arm.......

The dog had found and eaten an entire dead rabbit, almost whole, and puked up the decaying carcass in that chair!!!! :gig :sick
That is not an image I want to carry around in my head all day (or smell either) :sick

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The dog, lacking verbal skills, had to find another way to get his opinion across :gig

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
rdranch said:
hikerchick said:
There are some out there that are so disgusting that burning them is doing the planet a favor! I speak from experience.:p
If your daughter had pneumonia 13 times b/f she turned 10 years old...has asthma so bad she coughs herself awake EVERY night and the doctors don't know what else to do about it, has been in and out of the hospital AND her insurance wouldn't cover anything to do with lungs (pre existing conditions), I almost lost my house b/c I had to take so much time off work b/c she was sick, AND I had to pay for all of her hospital visits out of pocket...you may NOT want to burn hazardous materials. Just sayin.

Yes some couches are atrocious, that is what 1-800-got-junk is for. This is a "Trash to Treasure - Joys of Recycling" thread I am appalled that anyone who is a member of this particular forum would advocate burning hazerdous materials.

And free, I just threw up a little in my mouth. :p

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
rdranch said:
hikerchick said:
Yes some couches are atrocious, that is what 1-800-got-junk is for. This is a "Trash to Treasure - Joys of Recycling" thread I am appalled that anyone who is a member of this particular forum would advocate burning hazerdous materials.
1-800-got-junk wanted money to haul away my stuff. Matches are cheaper. Anyway, they would have just hauled that stuff to a landfill. I was trying to avoid that.

I never thought of couches as being "hazardous material", since we spend our lives sitting on them.