Recycling furniture

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
couches also make wonderful bonfires.
I saw the title of this thread and it is immediately what I thought of! That padding burns hot like none other. I used to keep it around as a fire starter!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Right D4You!

I was wondering if used couch cushions could be used as insulation for something, say a chicken coop or under the house or something. Even if it has been peed on by "someone". ;) Which I think if you take out the foam rubber out of the fabric, it can be rinsed out.

Anyone out there know?
Yes if you are talking about the fabric that is, I have never tried on foam, There are several products out that work, but IMO Woolite Pet stain & odor remover + oxygen works the best, spray on (pump) and either blot off or wash. As to who soiled it I have no pets. ALWAYS get the best prostrate man you can find or you can end up dribbling for the rest of your life!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We kept several old couch cushions for years for use as padding when we carted Gary's hand crafted wood furniture to craft shows. Saved us from bangs and dents when the stuff shifted when turning curves, slamming on brakes, etc. Now there's one laying down beside his wood stove for the dog to lay on during the winter when he's in the shop working (Gary working, not the dog.)