Recycling toilet paper tubes

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When DD is not collecting them for school projects, I still like to stash them for......?

I know they can be re-shaped into biodegradable seed starter containers, and Christmas tree lights can be stored safety in the tube.

What do you do with them?

And no one better say they don't "waste money" on toilet paper!!! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You can use the lint out of the dryer in them, tape the ends and use them for fire starters.

Compost them or place them in your worm bins.

Wrap small Christmas presents in them, like socks, toys, etc.

You can place some beans or rice in them, tape them completely and they make great little noisemakers/musical instruments/toys for kids.

They are great for sliding over the thinner tubes of Christmas wrap, instead of taping, to keep the paper on the tube neatly.

You can keep the smaller extension cords neatly in a drawer when they are encased in a TP tube.

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my grandma made felt santa clauses with them.
I think I still have mine from Kindergarten!!!

Great ideas! I like this one the best:
They are great for sliding over the thinner tubes of Christmas wrap, instead of taping, to keep the paper on the tube neatly.

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When I save them, the kids get them before me (and the wrapping paper tubes when we have those).
The first thing they always make is binoculars w/ them, or a telescope w/ a few taped together.

They also tape a bunch of them together (w/ empty oatmeal containers and other various boxes) to make a structure of some sort.

Or houses for their "people" (superheros, barbies, etc)

So they get used for fun things like that b4 I can get to them! I like the wrapping paper idea!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, ya see, you fashion tiny collars for your worms that you have in your bin, as they are real slippery and can get away from you when out for exercise....

:lol:

Seriously, to place around the stems of squash, cucumbers, etc. to prevent squash bugs, cut worms, etc. from laying larvae in the stems of the seedlings. I've tried this with TP tubes, straws, etc. with little to no success. :rolleyes: