Recycling toilet paper tubes

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use them for firestarters too! Got the idea from this site a while ago. We have an empty coffee can by the dryer to put lint it and save it all year, as well as the tp rolls. I'll have to start saving the broken crayons now! I never thought of that! I sure run through them with two kidlets, and I've been using leftover candle wax...

DS and I made a great big castle using tp and paper towel rolls. It was for his dragon and castle themed birthday party. One of our guests was staring at it for a while before anouncing to the room "That's a whole lot of pooping" :lol:

RobinsValleyVT

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Some great ideas, I'll never recycle these again! (Just don't tell my husband...)

I think I'm going to like it here!

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Love this thread, I have bags of cardboard tubes stashed everywhere.

One caution on using dryer lint for a fire starter - we have 2 big dogs and 3 cats. There isn't anything in this house that isn't coated in pet hair. And it ends up in the dryer lint a lot.

Nothing worse than getting a fire going to the aroma of burning pet hair! :sick

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm going to be mailing out some blackberry plants in a few days and was trying to come up with a way to be able to handle the plants when I go to package them up without bleeding all over everything.

So, I'm going to slip tp rolls over the canes to help avoid the stickers. This should also make it easier to unpack the plants from the box. :fl

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dawn, that's a marvelous idea!

Ranchhand, as far as dog hair is concerned, I've given up and just regard it as a condiment: everything good has a layer of it. :lol:

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Britesea said:
Dawn, that's a marvelous idea!

Ranchhand, as far as dog hair is concerned, I've given up and just regard it as a condiment: everything good has a layer of it. :lol:
:yuckyuck

I have a big mug that states 'Everything tastes better with cat hair'. LOL

Dawn, that is a great idea! The tube can be planted right along with the plant. I'm looking forward to getting mine.