Remembering Sumi

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We're surely going to miss you sumi- thank you for being such a sweet soul and for your help and hard work. You were a big part of these sites to me.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
My heart is broken over the loss of such an AMAZING woman. Loved and respected by literally thousands of people, as well as directly and indirectly having a huge positive impact on the lives of literally MILLIONS around the world through of her work with the BYC community.

I'm blessed to have finally met her in person just a couple of months ago and present her with an updated copy of my book with her in the "Acknowledgement". It's a small thing, but I like to think it helped solidify how much she was appreciated!

I'm incredibly lucky to have worked with her all these years, to become her friend, and feel her wonderful spirit. She will be sorely missed.

sumi1.jpg

sumi2a.jpg

sumi2.jpg

dummies-sumi.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Care to introduce the other 2 in the pic? I can figure out who Sumi is, and I see her son (don't disclose his name b/c he's a minor) But, who's the other lady? Thanks so much for the pic of Sumi and her son. It is good to attach a visual to the woman who has been such a wonderful asset, great person to share a few private conversations with, and see her son, so that I know the face, when Holy Spirit prompts me to pray for him.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This may be an indelicate question, who owns SS now?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Care to introduce the other 2 in the pic? I can figure out who Sumi is, and I see her son
The other two people are Nifty (and if he cares to introduce the other person I'll let him do that.)

Sumi and I had an email friendship and she had shared those pics with me. She was so thrilled to get to meet Nifty. :)

Her son is quite the young man!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Nifty - I am also concerned/curious about the ownership/status of the forum.

i've never known it but assumed that @Nifty was the owner. no idea though. lol nosy is ok, people can always not answer. :)

i only knew @sumi for a short period of time and only sent a few notes to her but even then i liked her and will miss her. sent her an e-hug not too long ago but not sure she was able at that point to see it.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No, Sumi was, to my knowledge, though I think Nifty was before, so assume he is taking over. I really don't know what "owner" means regarding these forums.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Care to introduce the other 2 in the pic? I can figure out who Sumi is, and I see her son (don't disclose his name b/c he's a minor) But, who's the other lady?
That's me and my girlfriend with Sumi and her son (super nice / smart kid) :)

@Nifty - I am also concerned/curious about the ownership/status of the forum.
I remain the owner of SS. Sumi loved this community and asked for a much more significant role in the management and direction of the community. She requested that I maintain ownership of the site as well as the maintenance of all the hardware, software, etc. So, I took a step-back from the public-facing forum stuff on SS and allowed her to make executive decisions with the community management.

Fortunately there's no reason to be concerned. Sumi hasn't been able to actively manage / moderate things over here for over 6 months since she first started having complications from her condition. SS continued, and continues to run very smoothly and well with the great efforts of the awesome members of the community, especially when everyone treats each-other with respect and follows the guidelines Sumi promoted.