Remodeling a doublewide (PIC HEAVY--NEW PICS!)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Lori, the new place is gorgeous! Especially after all your hard work!! :D

This is the first time i've really got to see the pics!!

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thats very cool, loved seeing the pics. that is an amazing improvement, looked like a ton of work!

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Great pics. Everything worked out just great for you. Isn't it nice having that kind of setup for those cute kids?

I put laminate flooring in like yours. It's lighter than yours. Stands up much better than real wood and is a lot less costly. We had real oak in the house before this one and our dogs tore it up. Had to have it sanded and refinished to sell the house.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Great job!!! Beautiful! I LOVE the kitchen cabinets. I desperately want to paint my kitchen cabinets...I'm just dreading it. :(

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im not on that much lately. First time I saw this thread..

Love the place. Wish I could get some thing like that.. I would be happy with it thats for sure. From the pics on the first page. Its nicer than the apartments I live in.. My place is slum compared to that.. Just love it. Your so lucky..

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Thanks....yes, we have truly been blessed...

I just hate the stigma that goes along with living in a trailer. I have a roof over my head and a good safe place for us to call home so why does it have to be looked upon in a negative light?

I guess I just wanted to show people that you don't have to be stuck living in something that you don't like, that can be changed cosmetically cause a lot of people are turned off by single/doublewides cause they think that they can't be changed to suit their tastes.

I can't tell you how many people have walked in here and said "I just can't believe this is a doublewide! I never thought you could do anything like this to a trailer!"

For people that are looking for a lower cost option for a home a single/doublewide can be a viable solution....

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Those old 1950 cracker boxes is what most folks think of when you say trailer. Be modern! I would tell them you live in a manufactured home. :p

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
We were originally planning to buy some property and put a modular home on it. Build a basement with an attached 3 car garage. It was going to be a triple wide. 36 x 72, very nice unit and the cost was around 130k. The lot was 80 acres. Total cost with septic and power and foundation, garage was around 300k. We couldn't get the financing on it because it was a construction loan.

Instead we got a stick built on 8 acres for around the same price.

For what you have invested, you have a very nice home. It looks like a modular to me. It's much nicer than what people classify as trailer homes. Be proud.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lori, I am in LOVE with that fireplace! GREAT WORK! The place looks fab!!! Home sweet home!