Restoring/rescuing a 100+ year old shed. Am I nuts?

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
...ok i so i didnt get to read ALL 33 pages.. i read a few. But any progress on the tree, shed or the owning your own property???

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
No, no and no… I got busy with other stuff over the last few weeks and didn't get back to the shed. With property prices being as crazy as they are at the moment, I'm thinking of taking on a second job to help me save up more and quicker, so I can get my own place sooner rather than later.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hitim sorry ..i know how you feel. I hope it happens soon!
Sorry, I should've been clear, property prices are LOW and I'm aiming to try and save so I can buy a place with a small loan only. I just need to build up trust with the lender by saving monthly and showing I can afford the repayment, which is why I'm thinking second job. I've seen suitable properties for as low as €20,000 at times. Yes, that's twenty…

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yea we sorta did the same. My mom wants to build a house here too so it helped with her going in on it too!

:fl you get the place you are aiming for!!

And i agree BURN IT DOWN !!! :D

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'd chop all the roots I could, some holes in the stump, add salt & vinegar & wait. Maybe in winter the burn ban will lift and you can put kero in the holes & light it off. :D
I'd love to get the top off for firewood at least. Then kill the rest and leave it for now...

Latest posts