rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh no, kitty! lol Glad she's home safe now.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
He wants to go outside but that's not going to happen until he has his tags and even then not for another week. But today was a pretty easy day if you don't include work that was just chaotic. Tourist season is starting and we are right in the cross roads of a lot of the destinations so we are always busy. At least silas had fun he was up at five springs with one of my friends and her family today.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I picked up my little man today after his adventure on the mountains and the brave boy had fallen on a cactus.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My daughter fell on a neighbor's cactus when she was about 6 years old. I was picking stickers out of her hiney for awhile.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They are all out the cactus we have up here just have large spines in not so many small ones so they're pretty easy to get out.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember we had a lovebird that liked to fly free in the house, but he landed on an "Old Man" cactus we had. The poor thing kept hopping from one foot to the other, trying to pick the spines out of his feet while the other foot was hurting because of the spines in it. I felt sorry for him, but the spines were too small for us to see easily to help him, and I couldn't help laughing because it looked so funny.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh no, poor little man! I love cactus, but boy those things do NOT love back! lol

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So with it being so hot I bought my son a pool and now he doesn't want to get out even though he is freezing.