rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we ran into a problem with the new houses last night. I was doing laundry and the spicket for the cold water is leaking. We had water all over the hallway the washer and dryer are in. We can fix it but the problem is we can't find the main shut off for the house.

Your just gonna have to look. The meter box is buried out there somewhere. U may need a shovel.

Where is the spicket leaking? From around the handle? If so there's a nut under the handle. You can try tightening it and see if it helps.
Did you use channel lock pliers to tighten the hoses? They gotta be pretty tight or they could leak as well.

Hope that helps

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It was leaking from the hose but we fixed that and then it started leaking from the handle so we will try to tighten it and se if that works

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well its a brisk 30°f and when you have had -5°f and lower for the past month it feels like sunbathing weather.
Screenshot_2018-02-28-13-10-50.png

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to be able to plant. We keep getting a few warm days to melt the snow a little bit then we get below freezing weather. And we are supposed to be getting 7 inches of snow tomorrow

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Have you got space to get some plants started in trays or pots indoors?

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So pretty! I've been thinking about putting up a small tank.
Thanks it's worth it but if you end up getting a tank I suggest one that large enough tank for a filter it saves so much time. Our little one I was cleaning out once a week it was a pain.