rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So it looks like my little man is going to have to replant his pumpkin 4 of the 5 came up but it hasn't warmed up enough to be able to plant outside so they are starting to die.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't have anything as of now but I'll try.
On a different note I just got a cutting for a new plant. I was told that it was a dragon tree but it doesn't look like any of them that I've seen.
20180310_204332.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I uprgraded my betta recently too. He had a 1/2 gallon bowl which was super high maintenance to keep the ammonia low. I found a 3 gallon bowl and bought that and a fake coral type structure to hide in since he was burrowing in the rocks on the bottom of his old bowl and I was concerned about him damaging his fins.

HE CHANGED COLORS! A week after. He was vibrant turquoise before with a streak of red on a bottom fin. Now he is deep royal blue, with a bit of red iridescence all over his bottom fins. His fin tips turned clear and he got a black spot on his head.

I wonder if he has the marble gene - would be so cool to have him changing colors continually! I had to tell DH about it so he wouldn't assume I killed and replaced my fish without telling him. :p

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mine has started to change colors also when we got him he was a light silver with red fins and head now he is a blueish silver with light blue and dark red fins with almost a maroon head.

But I finally was able to get out to my garden space to see what I had out there. So it looks like I have about a 11 foot by 7 foot garden plot.

My plans are to put pumpkin, potatoes, royal burgundy bush beans, and scarlet runners, Chery tomatoes in containers.
Cherokee purple tomatoes, bell peppers, peas, corn, carrots, radishes, and cucumbers in the garden.
Then time,oregano, cilantro, rosemary, chives, and lettuce in my pallet garden.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thought you were gonna make some more YouTube videos?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That is a good size for a little garden and with some careful planning you should be able to get quite a lot in there!