rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we stopped by my brothers house today and he talked us into trying out his new VR for his play station. Silas had a lot of fun trying it out and apparently did better then his older cousins.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So i have a new project to work on. We moved my glider upstairs to our room and the only place it fits is to close to the wall. With the back of the glider hitting the wall when it rocks i think i'm going to make a a pad to go on the back so i don't damage the walls or wake anyone up at night.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Those VR's are fun, but they do have a warning on them for an age limit of 12 years old. The fear is that those little brains just aren't ready for the virtual reality experience. No studies to show danger or damage, but caution may be warrented. I figure a little play once in a while will be fine, but too much of anything is a bad idea. Besides, they make me sick.

A friend of mine took his son to a VR Gaming place. As the kids were playing , the manager made him try the "sample" that they have up front. It is simply a VR of opening a door and walking out on a beam to get a cake. My friend got to the end of the beam,picked up his cake and the guy says "now, step of the beam". My friend had a really hard time of doing that. He says the falling was so realistic, and when he "hit" the ground his knees kinda buckled, but he didn't actually fall. The manager told him that allot of people over the 35 will actually fall down when they hit the ground in VR. that would be me.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh he won't be playing it that often we only see my brother about 2 to 3 times a year (its sad realy he only lives about 45 min away).
I tried a racing one and I almost got car sick. I never get car sick but it was fun.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My son (12) gets sick from regular video games. I never worry about him getting addicted to video games. :gig

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So the genetic results came back today everything is good so no more needles till 24 weeks. We also picked up the results for the gender that was the longest 20 min drive we wanted to open that envelope so badly.