rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Uh yeah me too! DH and I are both anxious to know the second I get on the ultrasound table lol! I didn't do genetic testing so... I'll find out in 2 weeks!

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well we don't have that much self control the resalts are hiden at our sister in law's house (while we where coming back from picking up the results I was sitting on it so we wouldn't open it.) My boyfriend keeps asking his brother to find the results and tell him.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You are going to wait until May 11 for the reveal!! Your SIL is a mean one, ain't she? Just kidding.

I am hoping for a little girl for you 2. Every big brother needs a little sister to torment - I mean - to love, cherish and protect.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Its the only day that would work for everyone but ya it is far away.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well this weekend is going to be busy. We are watering the yard with one hose because our landlord took the one we need to prime the pump. My little man wants to bring cookies to the Easter bbq so I had to make the cookie dough yesterday refrigerate it overnight I baked the cookies today, and I have to find time between going to Cody and nephew's birthday party tomorrow do you have my little man decorate the cookies. (He is having out with a friend all day today) And then Sunday I get to boil 3 dozen eggs to make deviled eggs for the barbecue. Clean My 2 humidifiers so we can put them in storage. Then to top it all off my boyfriend asked me to make him some confetti eggs for easter. Also in all this I have a friends baby shower to go to tonight (honestly I might be to tired to go).

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, don't skip the baby shower! Put off cleaning the dehumidifiers if you have to, and there is probably enough moisture for the lawn, if it slows down growing, that just pushes back the mowing a couple of days.

Being there for your friend is kinda important.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So my boyfriend is picking up our new bed then we are going to rearrange our room. Well he won't let me move anything remotely heavy so I'm just laying around waiting for him to get home so we can move everything. While lounging I was doing research because I still want to produce our own meat on our Homestead I'm actually thinking of doing meat goats instead of cows. From what I found they're cheaper and the meat is actually a lot leaner which is something our family needs.