rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm back. So we didn't get around to carving pumpkins this Halloween. so we had 4 pumpkins that needed used up, I decided to make pumpkin puree. But we don't have storage space to freeze it or can, so this year I decided to dehydrate the puree.

View attachment 16933View attachment 16934View attachment 16935View attachment 16936View attachment 16937View attachment 16938
:weee
Yay! I'm glad you are back! I'm excited to hear updates about how you and your kids are doing!

I like your idea of dehydrating pumpkin puree. I have a glut of butternut squash left.

My family didnt carve pumpkins yet either. Whoops 😅

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I finally got around to grinding the pumpkin that i dehydrated (it just took me a month). _MG_6457.JPG
I also got a few Christmas pictures of my little princess
_MG_6460.JPG_MG_6464.JPG

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I notice a glass of wine among the pumpkin efforts? ;) you probably needed it!

The pumpkin looks good. Glad to see you posting again. Kids are growing so much. Don't be a stranger. :)

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I notice a glass of wine among the pumpkin efforts? ;) you probably needed it!

The pumpkin looks good. Glad to see you posting again. Kids are growing so much. Don't be a stranger. :)
I swear I live off of wine, coffee, and tea.

Well i felt like baking today and got a loaf done and another to bake tomorrow before I go to work. We also have a couple quarters of a deer to cut and grind up. Nether one of us got a deer this year but one of our friends needed to free up space in his freezer so he gave us some of his.

_MG_6478.JPG