rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:oops: Lot of change! Hope all goes well for you and your 2 kids. Good to hear from you and that you are ok.
Everything is going good so far I have been working at the hospital for the past month. And in other news my dog is officially my emotional support dog (in other words my emotional support pain in my ass.)
20210527_095538.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our dog was barking her head off last night, until finally about Midnight I'd had enough of it and pulled her inside. This morning I read about a prowler in our neighborhood- one of the neighbors chased him off with a gunshot and then called the Sheriff's office to let them know what direction he ran. Towards US. So I'm thinking I owe my dog an apology.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nice place. love that dinet set and wood burning stove

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I apparently have the worst luck. I was at a friend's property today and when I was about to head home my truck was acting up. My friend thinks it's a rod and is going to have another friend come by to see if they can fix it.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Mini Horses is right... if it is a rod, that is an engine job. You might get lucky and it is a lifter, which if you keep plenty of oil in it, could run for several years. Have a lifter in my car making a ticking... put some additive in the last oil change and it freed it up some, but it will still tick. A rod, of bad, can go through the side of the engine block... so if it is a rod, DO NOT DRIVE IT or you will need a whole new block as well as the rest....