ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sending it your way.........blowwwwwww, blowwwww, lol.

I hope you dont get it, I think most of your snow does blow away right? you guys get about a foot a year?

If it snows down there like it is doing here now.....look out. I just came back from lunch. White out conditions, snow and icy roads. Yay, my 15 mile trip home is going to be glorious.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
roosmom said:

I hope you dont get it, I think most of your snow does blow away right? you guys get about a foot a year?

If it snows down there like it is doing here now.....look out. I just came back from lunch. White out conditions, snow and icy roads. Yay, my 15 mile trip home is going to be glorious.
Stay safe, drive careful.
I taught my now 26 year old to drive with fear - everyone else on the road is out to get you - you are a moving target. He doesnt like to drive very much, but it kept from being stupid. He's never done anything worse than get a parking ticket!

Check in tonight to we know you're safe :)
Tina

*It's a touch chilly here today at 55 degrees, mostly sunny with some clouds, might get some rain this weekend, I've heard.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream said:
Ohhhhh (said in a slightly whinning way), I want to tan a hide. Did you find the recipe on the internet? Where? Tell me how?
Please, Please, pretty please with sugar on top.:D:D

Tanning a hide is something I have always wanted to do but never got up enough courage to try.

And be sure and post pics of those eggs when you finish.
Ok 2dream, here is the link
http://mman.home.att.net/Plans.htm

we will do ours this weekend if you want to see how this particular recipe works I will post the EXPERIENCE.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
tfpets, I am safe and sound. Even tho town was white out snow covered roads and streets, m28 was clear. Wet but clear, go fgure lol
thanks for being worried :)

You talk about your son, lol. I taught my daughter how to drive, I also do 90% of the driving in this family. I used to get carsick if I didnt have my hands on the wheel ;)

I remember teaching her how to parallel park. I set a step ladder up and a very large box of clothes on each end of the car. I made her go round and round the block, parking each time she went around, lol. I pride myself on my smooth driving and ability to put my vehicle into very tight spaces when parallel parking. Thankfully she picked up the skills and the confidence. But she also picked up the lead foot. :lol:

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
roosmom said:
tfpets, I am safe and sound. thanks for being worried :) You talk about your son, lol. I also do 90% of the driving in this family. I used to get carsick if I didnt have my hands on the wheel ;) But she also picked up the lead foot. :lol:
Glad you're Safe and Sound :)

:D I do most of the driving too! Even when Dh is in the car! And I dont get car sick I just do the majority of the driving anyhow!
Fortunately, my son Jeremy doesnt care to drive, if he comes over for lunch, he hops out of his car, and I get behind the wheel!
Frankie, my husband, says I like the "Skinny Pedal!" Even when we're in the hills, in the 4x4. I dont let rocks or boulders stop me either. It's kinda rough on the trucks, but thats another reason I married a mechanic :D . Take Care, Tina

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
roosmom said:

No - we're in the snow belt! I am 5' tall and have had snow up to my waist a couple years (we moved to the farm in Sep 2005).

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF

I am going to make PB fudge tonight. wash all the canning jars, cut up onions and carrots and celery tonight. Getting ready for canning tomorrow. Is it three thirty yet?