ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had to skip the tanning AGAIN.....da** it. Hubby assures me it will be fine. I would like to know how the heck he knows????? he has never tanned a hide either, stretched it for the fur buyers, never tanned it. I really dislike it when he comes off as being all knowing. But I just smiled and made NO COMMENT.
Made bread agin last night with the sourdough starter. Used buttermilk in place of the water.....it was wonderful. I just cant get past the really crusty exterior.
Elbow hurts real bad, going to dr today about it. I might mention getting a pill so I can drop some weight. Not a lot, just 25#.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
You know, I have the same complaint. How is it that a man just knooooooooooooooows everything....even if he's never done it!

When I got chickens, DH decided he was the Wise Man on chickens. More like wise *bleep* if you ask me. :rolleyes:

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have learned tho that usually if he acts like he knows, then he knows. BUT it is the attitude that gets me PO'd. He is six years younger than me.......I rmemeber how much that man had to learn, I remember how much I had to show him. (he was 19 when we got married) SO, if it is something I know about and he tries this know it all this is how it is done bull****, I just lay it on the line and tell him so too. LOL aint marriage fun? We honestly do have the most fun together. He is my best friend......intil he pi**** me off.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
HAHAHA I am 7 years younger than DH and I was 19 when WE got married LOLOLOLOL

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Doctors! Gotta love em! Go get em! :) Good luck there, but they're kinda like husbands, give ya that smile, and act like they know everything? Then again, what do they really know??? Hope you get the RX or weight loss answer....

I lost weight by dropping fat from my diet...then started taking Topamax for Migraines...what an amazing medication - helps with migraines/seizures and I've lost 68 pounds over a year and half! Whoo Hoo!

I got you beat on the age different, I'm 14 years older than Frankie, but he's an old soul...and he really does know so much...he's a terrific friend, father, so patient with me most of the time, and he has great skills....around the house...:)

Tina

Hope you get to your tanning soon! It seems to be really bugging you! You'll really feel better once you've made some progress on that, wont you!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have tennis elbow. Humph, tennis elbow. Do you want a shot, physical therapy? Those were my options, lol. I hate taking pills but I guess I have to take ibuprofen twice a day for three weeks. then buy a elbow brace with a donut in it. OH well. Anyway
My hubby came home with a ten pointer. yes a ten pointer. A ten pointer he shot in MY BLIND. *scream, scream, scream*
Ok I am somewhat better. I am happy he got that deer. we havent been married this long without me learning......he has to get a bigger whatever than me...Its ok. Now we are going to tan the hides together. Yippee skippee QA, remember the I know it all attitude? X 10 now
Hubby hauled home a roadkill yesterday. For us to practice on (hey QA where is all that, *it can wait, it wont hurt it attitude*, huh?) lol.
Anyway, here is his buck *said in a very petulant tone*
I took the pic out cuz I just read the sticky in the hunting section, sorry :/

and also tonight I got 9 eggs blown. and it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Could it be because they are really fresh eggs? Now I have to buy the decorations...

tomorrow we will either cut up deer or start the tanning. If I know My hubby he will prob start before I get home. Can I growl some more now?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Ohhhhh (said in a slightly whinning way), I want to tan a hide. Did you find the recipe on the internet? Where? Tell me how?
Please, Please, pretty please with sugar on top.:D:D

Tanning a hide is something I have always wanted to do but never got up enough courage to try.

And be sure and post pics of those eggs when you finish.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
QA has no attitude, she's too tired to have it LOLOL

congrats on your hubby's deer! I am hoping my DH gets one when gun season comes in here!