ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got up this am to call in sick......6am.
cleaned laundry room
did laundry
quarantined the roosters ( not ROO or Bob tho)
Fed chickens
cleaned kitchen
cleaned living room
hung up all clothes
kept woodstove filled
vacuumed all floors
made bologna spread
made cookies
went to town (and ran into the Ceo of the
hospital.....I told him he didnt see me :D) and
bought munchies for tonight
went to video store and rented:(new) Journey to
center of earth
Morgue
Phantasm 2
killed three roosters

why did I call in sick? OH yeah.....to relax HA

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
roosmom said:
why did I call in sick? OH yeah.....to relax HA
Doesn't that suck the worst! Does your hubby get any rest when he stays home "sick?"

Me, if I stay home sick, I don't get any break at all cause the 5 yr old is like our own little personal tornado. His daycare is 25 miles away from our house (but it's just a block from where I work.) So, if I'm too sick to go to work, I'm too sick to drive him to daycare. (And John works in the other direction, which prevents HIM from taking B to daycare.) So he stays home and terrorizes me all day. :D

I don't usually get migraines or anything, but one morning, I woke up with a headache so bad I couldn't keep my eyes open! So I called in sick and sat down in the recliner. I could hear B running around the house like:

Zoooooooom! Bang crash zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmmm. (sound of little feet running at super sonic speeds) And this would go on for several minutes. I kept up with him by listening to the direction the noise was coming from. Then, suddenly I would realize it was quiet and I would yell, "B!!!!!!!!!! Where are you?!" And I would hear zzzzoooooooooooom bang "Here I am!!!" (right in my ear) "Ok. stay out of trouble" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzmmmmmmmmm "I WILL!" vvvvvvvvvweeeeeeeeeee

This went on for three hours before I felt like getting up. LOL

But if hubby gets sick, he gets to stay home all by himself to relax and recouperate and you can be assured that he doesn't do a darn thing!

Cassandra

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thats just it.....I wasnt sick.
I called in because I didn't want to deal with being MISERABLE on Halloween day. Listening to people moan and groan about how funny they look or how someone didnt color their face......BAH. Co workers can kill ya if you let them.
I have over 350 hrs annual and 50 hrs personal....I dont think it hurt them for me to be gone for a day.
Saturday- Pressure canned two of the roosters. I raw pack canned them. I put two bullion cubes in each jar and 1/2 tsp salt in each jar. I put 1 each....breast
leg
thigh
wing
in each jar. NEXT time I will put more in each jar. I am still figuring things out.
Today I am doing nothing.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Me with my baby ROO...
316_pdr_0674.jpg

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
never call in sick if not sick....YOU WORK 50 times harder..HA HA HA

great picture and the ROO is very photogenic! LOL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes he is photogenic......he is so.......chickeny, lol.

I am posting a pic of my house from the front. The leaves are gone so now you can see it lol.
316_pdr_0689.jpg

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow has some space to it.
what is sq ft on that home?
alot of room...good deal, you can never have enough, but who likes to heat it..HA HA

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I could give you measurements of most of the rooms faster than the sq fts, LOL. I did the floor work for the materials list when we remodeled.
DH is very disgusted about the outside of the house not having siding. I personally dont care. You are here to visit me not look at the outside of my house. The inside is beautiful and that is what counts. Just like me :D.
We started out with a chimney on the far left side of the house with a blower on top. There was not central air or any heat ducts when we bought it. Very cold.
Then we bought a 90,000 BTU furnace. We went thru 4 Tanks (pigs) a winter. AND IT WAS STILL COLD IN HERE.
Now we have the outside little house with a woodstove in it. It is connected to one heat duct, the living room. It heats the whole house. There is a small fan we have to hook up in a 6'pc of stove pipe to suck the extra warm air down stairs from the upstairs. It was 35 degrees almost all day yesterday. DH had it cooking in here.......78 degrees, can you believe it? Here is the wood stove, yes it is inside the little house. See the long black box? that is our ONE heat duct.
316_pdr_0600.jpg

and it looks like ROO coming around the corner LOL.