ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today I went to work.........I hate work. Made even more unbearable by the fact that a few people had a problem with me calling in sick last Friday.
Anyway, came home and put the new tarp over the chicken pen since it was 50 degrees out. I am ready again to get rid of more roosters. You know it is bad when there are 10 hens hanging around your feet so you can protect them from the big bad roosters LOL.
Temperature is supposed to drop to 49 on Friday. I will try to get the plastic on around the perimeter by this weekend. I know the chickies can handle the cold, I just dont want them to have to deal with the bitter cold wind.
Oh yeah, must get the xmas decorations out.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that is a good pic and yes I see the BIG roo coming around the corner. all that great heat from the woodstove and the other heat left the house feeling cold...go figure?

yea siding. more money to be spent...LOL

OH NO Christmas decorations. Is it that time already? LOL---it creeps up on us real fast. I need to sort thru my stuff also. Thanks for the reminder, cause without it I find myself at the last minute running around crazy getting decorations out.

And PEOPLE had some trouble with you being sick....please...tell them to get a life and worry about it and not yours..HA HA

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Love the house. And that heat looks great. We will eventually have to do something like that here I am thinking. But for now it will be a combination of electric and gas.

I have to kill roos soon myself. I hate that job. Do you pluck or skin? So far we have been skinning because it is just easier and less mess. Everything has gone into the freezer so far. I just have not been able to bring myself to can those chickens. I know I am going to hate myself one day for that.
Maybe your post will inspire me to get moving on the canning.

And you just had to mention Christmas didn't you?

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One of the girls is OCD and ANAL........she must not have had anything to worry about today :D
I do have a whole attic of xmas deco. Again, on the far left of the house (pic) .
2dream, I would not recommend doing the home built woodstove route like we did. If your insurance company finds out, you are scr****.
We have been skinning them. Plucking isnt hard, just time consuming and we dont really eat the skin. My canning the meat is......an experiment.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:barnie What about Thanksgiving decorations?! Walmart has their Christmas trees UP already! :he

THANKSGIVING IS NOT JUST A SPEED BUMP TO CHRISTMAS! :gig

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
:barnie What about Thanksgiving decorations?! Walmart has their Christmas trees UP already! :he

THANKSGIVING IS NOT JUST A SPEED BUMP TO CHRISTMAS! :gig
Funny. :lol:

I dont decorate for thanksgiving. All my efforts go to the dinner :p

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
roosmom said:
Here, too. But the December decorations don't go up until December here LOLOLOL

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Walked into a couple of stores the day after Halloween, and guess what was playing on the sound system. Yep, Christmas music.

I usually don't decorate until the 2nd week of Dec. DS's birthday is the 8th and I don't want to overshadow it.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:D
Quail_Antwerp said:
roosmom said:
AGREED!!
see recycle section smarty pants :p

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
roosmom said:
:D
Quail_Antwerp said:
roosmom said:
AGREED!!
see recycle section smarty pants :p
:lol: Oh I was just picking on you! LOL my b-day is December um well sometime before Christmas and I hate having the tree up on my b-day. Also hate deer season because I never see DH on my B-Day either. :rolleyes:

On my way to the recycle section now :gig