ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Go to work, come home, go to work, come home, you get my drift. That is all there seems to be.
Still have the toothache. I will have to live with it. The garlic clove did help but it came back cuz of me going out in the cold. The temps have been 0 during the day for the past week, dropping down to -8 - -10 at night. Better than what they were predicting. ALL my roosters frost bite came back. We have been locking them in the coop at night. I also did some rearranging in there too. They now have more roosts to roost on.
I made donut pudding....here it is
Pdr_1115.jpg

I drizzled (who am I kidding, POURED is a better word) a pwd sugar glaze with walnuts on it. It was an expirement. I know it is good because hubby has requested it every week LOL. That is ok, I am not eating it!
I have been so depressed for the past month. Every sunday I start to cry and it doesnt stop. I know why. I have to go to work and hubby gets to sit home. Well after some, uhem, DISCUSSIONS, we have come to the conclusion that he has to do LOTS more around here during the day and we need to plan a vacation during the winter months. Since he is a builder and his down time is winter, he cant take time off during the summer. Well, I have worked continually for the past ten years with just one vacation and I cant do it any more. So we are goin to do a short vacation this year and do a real one every winter starting next year. SOOOOO
We are going to go see our daughter, granddaughter and son in law the second week in February. She lives in Kentucky. Honestly, OH doesnt really want to go. I just know he is waiting for something to go wrong with the vehicle so he can say (try to say) the vehicle isnt road worthy. Well not happening. She is sending me her tom tom, hopefully my lighter will work it. I have a 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L. It is my daily driver, New tires last year. There is nothing wrong with it. I guess I feel I may need a few more prayers than just mine to see this thru to fruition. I want to go. I havent seen her in 10 months. Ok, I will shut up.
Oh and here is my dehydrator, I am doing banana chips in it.
Pdr_1118.jpg

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Banana chips...YUM!! Are you putting anything on them like honey or cinnamon?
I hope you can go see your family!! And I agree don't let him talk you out of it you need a vacation and to see them!!
Donut pudding....where is the recipe?? You can't post something that yummy and not give a recipe!!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I agree with PP, where's the donut pudding recipe? :D Is it like a bread pudding, except you use donuts?

DH and I were just talking about dehydrating some banana chips. We do ours plain.

A south-bound winter vacation sounds fun, especially with the winter we've been having! :D

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I love winter vacations. Sure wish I could take a vacation - winter, summer, spring or fall. Just any ole time - any ole place. Like you, I have not had a vacation in ------ well, gee, been so long I don't remember.

I keep reading about the weather in your neck of the woods. I can not believe how cold it is. I am having a hard enough time dealing with our little ole piddlin 17 degrees. I can not imagine the cold you are dealing with.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ah, I am sorry you are feeling poorly Roos. That old winter humdrum sure can make one weary!! A vacation is a must. I finally realized that. I put all my money into this farm and home and business etc....and did not take hardly any vacations. Like 2 weekend trips a year.

Well I saw the light. We must have this time....we must. We can not just do work and chores. Life was meant to be enjoyed to keep our spirits high. Smile and laughter, a definite must!!!!!!

So glad you have your trip planned and don't worry about DH....he will jump on board and have a blast right along with you.

I am taking more vacations this year. I have too. I am being super frugal!!!! Super frugal to spend that saved money on vacations vs. general junk I don't buy anymore..lol.

So fingers crossed your spirits start to soar for you Roos!!!!!

I know...believe me I know :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Clove. It is used by the Chinese as a breath freshener. The Clove oil has antiseptic and anesthetic properties and encourages relief in toothache and nausea.

***Roos
I copied this from the other thread I posted. Might help you!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL, is that how you spell it Dac? My daughter was telling me on the phone and I, uhem, may not have been paying real close attention, *sigh*

PP and keljonma, please take notice there is no grease, butter or shortening in the recipe. DO NOT ADD ANY!! Also, there is no added sugar YAY!

2dream, if you cannot remember how long ago......then you need one.
Like FC says, we cannot continue to do this to ourselves. I honestly think that I may have had a small mental breakdown. NO, a long weekend here and a long weekend there is not enough. I am a people person, I can talk to anyone, get along with anyone and have empathy with anyone. But the lack of.....Taking care of my mental health.....is starting to show. We can only go on just so long. We need down time. Not from our spouses, they are supposed to be our friends. But from WORK, kids, parents, g parents...yes, yes YES!
sorry didnt mean to be a rant. but if you are reading this, and YOU havent had a vacation in......cant remember how long.....then you need one. AND it doesnt have to be fancy
camping kayaking hiking amusement park
you get the point. away from work, away from your life as you know it. something that will allow your brain to get off the freeway for awhile.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I hear ya about getting away, RM! I hadn't seen my son, daughter or my grands in a year when I went last October to visit in Texas. I had the best time and got to meet Luk, my gs born in June 2008. I just wish my dh could have gone..... he stayed home to take care of the animals and work. Though, truth be told, he doesn't do well with inactivity... :D

.... February will be here before you know it! Enjoy!