SALE ALERT - Turkey

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sounds delicious :D

I got 2 today. The young clerk saw what I was buying and said "You only get one at the sale price."

I smiled and then politely explained the actual sale and that the limit was one per price category. A manager in the other lane heard me and listened as I correctly listed all the limitations and restrictions of the sale then said "Yup, that's right!".

Of course it was right. I have been playing the sale game since before the clerk was even a thought. :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, I got a turkey today, and stuck it in my freezer! I've decided that I'm going to get small ones, like around 12 lbs. That way, there should be less in leftovers, and I might be able to get away w/feeding it to my hubby. If not, I'll eat it myself! I hope to be able to get at least 2 or 3 more.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Still $.49 here at all stores.
But I have one in the oven right now anyway :drool Smells so good and will feed us all weekend. :celebrate

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
whoot! great job, DDeb and Java!

i'm about to put one of mine thru the grinder - then fry up in mexically spices and we'll have dinners for later.... it will be about 5 mins to nachos with the reheated, already cooked meat, beans (i canned them!), and salsa that we made this summer

whoooot!

:)

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The larger the turkey, the better the meat:bone ratio. So I get the largest I can find. Fortunately, my family will eat leftovers.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I couldn't stand all your talk of cheap turkeys, so went to a near by town (1 hr drive) that has a Lowes, a Safeway, etc.

Lo and behold: turkeys for $7 each. Up to 16 lbs. Do ya think I could find a 16 lb'er? Nope, but settled for a 14 and a 13. Not 19 cents per lb, but feels good to be part of this in-crowd.

Now where can I find a good turkey n noodles recipe?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Natural Grocers (Vitamin Cottage) has their holiday turkeys ready for pre-order.

Mary's Free Range 10-24 lbs... 1.89/pound
Shelton's Free Range ... 2.59/lb
Mary's Organic... 2.99/lb
Mary's Heritage... (smaller birds 7-16 lb)... 5.49/lb

I'm gonna see if they let me order more than one. :D

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Man, you guys are finding good deals! Last year the best deal here was .39/lb. I just got my ad today and it's still .69/lb.

I still find it strange that we only have 2 major groceries here. We have Meijers and Kroger unless you want to add Sam's and Wal-Mart into the mix. I guess there just isn't much competition... :hu

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Grabbed another $6.99 turkey today. 9 more to go.