SALE ALERT - Turkey

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You can get one per size category. So I will get a medium and a large on my card, a medium and a large on hubby's card, a medium and a large on son's card...you get the picture :D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
You can get one per size category. So I will get a medium and a large on my card, a medium and a large on hubby's card, a medium and a large on son's card...you get the picture :D
:thumbsup

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Checked my ads out here.
1. Nothing bout turkey at Safeway.
2. Diestal Ranch free range organic turkey at Raleys: a gazillion dollars a lb.
3. Nothing about turkey at Savemart, Cost Less, Cost U Less, or the local IGA.

Waaaaa.....I cleaned out my freezer yesterday, defrosted it, chucked a zip bag of pizza sauce from '02, and some fake surimi, and then boiled some chicken legs from '09 for my elder dog. So I HAVE ROOM!!!!

Waaaa....I want a 19 cent turkery or 2 or 5 or 6. :hit

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yikes! Turkey dinners! Quick! Everyone, up in the trees! Pretend to be canaries!
286_p1010028.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I picked up my first two at 37 cents per pound today.

meriruka, you obviously don't clip their wings??? I really want my turkeys to free range but I am afraid they will leave me!!!

g

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
A friend of ours a couple of more miles out east has huge flocks of wild turkey's that roam the housing development :drool

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Actually, she's the first turkey I've had to ever do this, until now it never occurred to me that Bourbon Reds could fly- so no wing clipping. I will say that free-ranging them is not an option for me, they travel very far, very fast and take forever to round up.
The chickens on the other hand stay close and when I stretch out my arms they head for the barn.

I found a guy who will process my turkeys for 6.50 each so in spring I will be hatching like crazy and look forward to turkey meals.
Not sure this is economical when you factor in what it costs me to feed them, but since I refuse to eat store bought meat it'll be worth it for me.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was in the Acme today, and they had turkeys for 39 cents/pound. And I've decided just cuz my hubby doesn't want turkey leftovers is no reason why I should deny myself that pleasure. So, I'll be cleaning out my freezer soon and buying at least 2.

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
$3.50 a pound.

Free range, humanely raised, heritage breed turks.

From me.

Get 'em while they last, 'cause they're goin' fast.