Sally dearest, your package.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am being mocked mercilessly by the Man for my brand new kombucha scoby.
"Bacterial mats? BACTERIAL MATS? EEEEW!"

Can someone send me some earplugs? :p

Question, what do you do with your kombucha when its ready? I mean, drink it obviously, but do you add anything so it doesn't taste...fermenty?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck It will look better in a few days...sorta like a jelly fish. :p

I drink it straight up. I like it that way, it is like fizzy lemon aid with a black tea essence.. Others have added a ginger tea to it...freemotion has the recipe. I'll try to dig it up.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
ooh! Jelly fish!

I have the tea finished! Now to let it do it's stuff! On one of the other Kombucha threads people mentioned naming their Scoby - what should I name mine?

Also - I tasted a tiny spoon full after I opened your jar Sally, it tastes SO familiar! I have no idea why or where I've tasted that before though. It was nummy!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Congrats on your tea (and kefir)

TO me the kombucha tastes a bit like sour Martinellis sparkling apple cider.
We drink it straight up.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey, where do I go to get in on this soap deal??? ;) I want to get into soapmaking once we get our goats so you guys are going to have to help me out! :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
ooh! Jelly fish!

I have the tea finished! Now to let it do it's stuff! On one of the other Kombucha threads people mentioned naming their Scoby - what should I name mine?

Also - I tasted a tiny spoon full after I opened your jar Sally, it tastes SO familiar! I have no idea why or where I've tasted that before though. It was nummy!
Interesting Blackbird. That is how I felt when I got my kefir. I began to crave it like there was no tomorrow too. I don't usually crave yogurty stuff. Our bodies are trying to tell us something. :)

Glad you like it!

Lorihadams, I'll be happy to take some soap off your hands. ;) I love Blackbird's homemade goat milk soap!!!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Arf, now I'm kinda worried. Shouldn't you have gotten yours the same day I got mine? It was packed pretty tight, I hope it didn't blow up in the mail :fl

Btw, I tasted a tiny spoonfull of the kombucha a minute ago when I moved it into its new home. YUMMY!
I was expecting stanky, fermented flavors. Instead it was yummy and tasted like fizzy apple juice :weee

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Arf?

Maybe I'll name my Scoby Arfie then.

It is good, isn't it?

Here is a picture of her in her new home. :p

854_arfie.jpg