Samssimonsays everydays and what not

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's the photo of all three kids I gave her. She loved them.
3evans'.jpg

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We did! I went up to her to get the larger drawing autographed for me, I'd already given the drawing for her to her sister in law earlier in the day. She gasped and got excited that I was the artist. Asked if I drew for a living and then said I should if I don't. I told her it was a funny story and that my last name was Drawz. She slapped me and laughed saying "No way!" Her sister in law who was taking the photos also laughed and said "Oh my gosh, I thought that was a play on words!" referring to my last name on social media. They teased me about how ironic that was and I joked back that I just happened to marry into the name and that I draw Architectural drawings for a living. They absolutely had a field day with it. After that, my mom walked up to her (she was next in line) and she told my mom "You must be so proud!" Of course my mom gushed about how she was and then she proceeded to thank her for being such a great role model for people and especially me growing up. I was beyond embarrassed by now so what do I do? I leaned in and said "she's just happy I didn't look up to Brittany Spears like my friends did." That "It was because of you and the fear of my grandmother that kept my cleavage covered in high school" Yep. Insert foot in mouth here, doesn't begin to describe it. She doubled over in laughter, slapped her knee and told me that was the first she'd heard that one. EVERYONE in the room was laughing. Still not NEARLY as embarrassing as the first time I met her when I was in 8th grade and FELL walking away from her. Second time I met her she remembered me because I was on crutches.... :thumbsup So, why not embarrass myself a little more with her :lol:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a great experience! So glad that you and your mom had a good time. I love the drawing you made of Sara, you are so talented!

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a great experience! So glad that you and your mom had a good time. I love the drawing you made of Sara, you are so talented!
Thank you! And we really did have a great time! Got invited down to Nashville to see a show on a monday night and everything! Hoping maybe I'll get the chance one day LOL

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
At 2 weeks shy of a year old my chickens have FINALLY decided to give me their first eggs! :celebrate Starting on Easter of all days :lol: Which was also April fools. In one week we got a dozen eggs and just yesterday we got three more! Out of 8 or 9 hens, that seems good to me.