Samssimonsays everydays and what not

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh yuck! On your weather!! A couple days ago my forecast said 9-15" of snow over the weekend. Now mine says 3-5". I'm hoping the temps hold and we get rain instead! You too! Yikes! What USDA zone are you in?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Soooo.....does Summer make an appointment, show up for one day and high tail it back to Texas? :gig

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are between 3a and 3 b zones here where I am in Minnesota.... and to make matters worse, we don't actually have seasons because it has snowed in every month here. Mother nature hates us I guess. It REALLY wears a person down, let me tell ya. Thankfully our forecast DID lighten on our amount but I am not holding my breath... We got about 3" last night that I was unaware of because I no longer look due to the shear disappointment I encounter every time I do. :idunno

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:hugs How do you not fixate on all the perennial plants that can't grow in zone 3? I'm right between zone 3b and 4a. I try to stick to zone 3 plants and that's slim pickings! :( I've been checking the forecast often. Snow fall prediction has increased for me, also now they're saying sheet ice and gusting winds. Maybe us Northerners are so nice because we have to make up for the weather? :idunno

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ewww 10-16"?? I hope it doesn't come this way. I'm zone 4b, so it is a little warmer here than there. I have been bothering DH every day about moving somewhere warmer lol