Samssimonsays everydays and what not

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A year old? :thWhat breed are they? Maybe you should have put them in pajamas, read them a story and tucked them in at night. :p

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The worst part is we have a variety of breeds... Cinnamon queens, Easter Eggers, Icelandics, Amber link and polish. We had a Faverolle in the mix too (I think that's everyone...). I thought the ducks were gonna start laying before the hens. :\ I think it was NH Homesteader who made a comment about how nicely sized their eggs are and I was all, They had better be! They aren't young birds just starting to lay, they're adults now :lol: Now we are up to 5 different hens having laid out of the 8. :bow:weee I won't have to start over this spring with new chicks after all :celebrate

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess those chickens are happier to see spring than y'all are! LOL
We have yet to actually see spring :hit:hit:hit Still stuck below freezing mostly and another upwards of 14" predicted for the weekend... :th BUT today is supposed to hit low 40's FINALLY. We were back at 0* over the weekend again. :idunno Mother Nature has abandoned us and left us to freeze. :rant

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No, that's ridiculous! Ughhh I did chores in a t-shirt today, and then looked and it's only 40. It felt so warm! Lol

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is most certainly not normal to this extent. :/ it was 21 degrees and sunny and I was out in a long sleeved shirt and vest... It felt NICE. It had been soooo cold with no sun that I didn't know it wasn't warmer.