Savingdogs-Saving the chickens

S

sunsaver

off topic-A tornado was reported near Bastrop, La. The Sheriff of Morehouse parish reported that "the whole place is torn up" Won't know till later tonight. Tv crews are on their way to the small town of about 20,000. These are some of the poorest people in the nation, and the paper mill there just shut down. Keep them in your thoughts!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
sunsaver, you might have a slow internet connection like me. If it acts like it doesn't take your post, don't hit it twice. Is that what you are doing? If you are worried about losing your text, I just cut and paste it in case my computer loses it. But my internet flickers on and off here and I have trouble with double posting and such because I get impatient and hit submit more than once because the first time doesn't seem to do anything.

S

sunsaver

Yes SD, once again you and i are on quantum wave resonance. I have to shift/delete, shift/insert, everything i write for fear of losing it. :th

I'll try to be more patient, and stop double clicking.

I once had money and fast internet.:barnie

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Same here, I commonly remark "back when I had money".....oh well, for now this is working. OFG gave me a new motto, Onward and Upward.....

We are about to switch over to a new internet carrier and I hope the service is better. Mine flickers on and off constantly even in perfectly clear calm weather.

I have a hearing improvement today! Yay! This hasn't happened for about six months this time, I thought perhaps that level of hearing loss was permanent. Once again, I have a glimmer of what it is like to hear again. I noticed Trouble's voice has dropped lower since the last time I really heard him and this morning I was IRRITATED by the dog barking to be let back in and the faucet dripping and Hubby snoring woke me UP! wow. I know this is only temporary....but still it is significant for me. I don't think I hear quite as well as last time I had an improvement so this is probably my new "best" but if ONLY, ONLY it would stay this way, I would thank God forever. If anyone has a spare prayer that SDs hearing stays like it is today, I would appreciate it. I would not ask for more, this much is good.

It was just in time to watch the finale of American Idol, which I used to love to watch back when I could hear. Now I do watch, but with the sound off usually. But last night I could hear it, and I even wore my BAHA device and it was LOUD. Wow. So the kids I was watching sing and wondering what they sounded like, I actually got to hear them singing with the famous people on the show last night. I really enjoyed myself. I was glad the wholesome young country kids won first and second. I think America likes wholesome. What a contrast they were to Lady Gaga, and what a contrast Carrie Underwood was coming on right after her. I thought Lady Gaga had no class at all, and Carrie is nothing but.

It still wasn't quite like that music would have sounded to all of you, but it was enough to satisfy me for now.

Now I'm just hoping that I will be able to hear like this long enough to call my sister on the 30th for her birthday....she would be so surprised. I'm not sure I can do it but we could muddle along I'm sure, if it stays like this.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'll say a prayer for you. But I won't put God in a box :D

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
You mean asking HIM for something specific?

Believe me, I get down on my hands and knees and BEG him to let me hear. Or let me talk on the phone to my sister one more time. Or let me stop having the spins. Especially that. My prayers are very specific. It is hard to feel that becoming useless and helpless is his will. He made me useful in many ways that my disease spoils so I have to believe He wants me to overcome it. Many Meniere's patients can hear and go into remission with the vertigo in the later stages, I would only ask that I not worsen again, not that it goes away. I want to stop being the worst case of Menieres the docs have seen.

Our neighbor has a coclear implant and was talking to Hubby about it. But I think my hearing today is better than an implant, or similar. I'd much rather not have another artificial thing implanted in my head and stay this way. I already have a titanium bolt in my skull on the left for my hearing aide. It is real freaky. I actually think it is funny to pull my curls out of the way and show it to people. Its presene made the SSI evaluation doctor's eyes get big, that is for sure.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No, I simply meant asking for less instead of 100% healing. :) I get what you mean too though.

S

sunsaver

Hope your hearing keeps getting better, SD, or at least stays the same. I was wondering how bad it was. I often sleep with earplugs because of the dogs, and often wish i had a switch to turn it on or off. :)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I have the perfect solution for noises, I turn my good ear towards the pillow. :plbb

Latest posts