Savingdogs-Saving the chickens

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Don't worry, these tatas ain't goin' anywhere near any heat for a long time. I thought I'd take a "cool" shower and it felt like I was applying an iron to my front.

I don't think I'll mention to any family members how that meat got thawed. What they don't know won't hurt them, right?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My soaping supplies just came! I'm a little too warm today to give it a try but I am anxious to make soap now! I bought Amber & Lavender, Baby Rose and Indian Sandalwood fragrances, and they sent me a free Almond scented one. They are all awesome! The Indian Sandalwood is a great masculine one and I don't think the men will mind the Amber & lavender either, it isn't real floral. And I ordered two ADORABLE soap molds, they are in the shape of goats. One is like a mini-nubian head and the other looks like a little Emilee. Now I have enough molds to pour an entire batch without having to improvise any molds.

I also have two people who already expressed an interest in buying this soap from me after I gave them samples, so I think I can make my investment back and supply our own soap for free. We noticed a lot of our skin issues going away since we have used "my"soap. The complexions of the teenagers is better, Hubby has fewer skin itchiness and I not longer use so much moisturizer on my dry skin. I'm very much sold on homemade soap. I don't think I'll reach the scale of glenolam or freemotion where they "officially" sell soap, I just am too sick to run a business, but I can do a little supplementing of the expenses and we will have luxury soap for ourselves.

*yells out the window "Thanks Molly and Ginger!"

The goats look up, see if SD is offering food, and go back to chewing cud when they see she is not coming out with anything good.*

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I also have two people who already expressed an interest in buying this soap from me after I gave them samples, so I think I can make my investment back and supply our own soap for free.
Very nice!!!!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Ouch! Heal up quickly! Silly dog.

I love making soap- it is finally cool enough to start up again here, at least for awhile, until Indian Summer arrives. I love that Zoe is a good critter dog- and it sounds like she already has the goats' number! :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I think soap making will have to be on the abi & Linda adventure list. First we need to tackle water bath canning.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:woot I can't wait to see those little goat shaped soaps! I just ordered from Bramberry too! This will be my first batch, ever! SD, do you boil your goats milk?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
No, I freeze it! You want it as cold as possible so it doesn't get too hot when it mixes with the lye. It will get plenty hot during the saponification process!

My son is flying over the Great Lakes and then Canada, we are tracking his plane mid-flight! We watched his plane take off this morning and then spent the day with our daughter and the granddaughter.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Don't worry, these tatas ain't goin' anywhere near any heat for a long time. I thought I'd take a "cool" shower and it felt like I was applying an iron to my front.

I don't think I'll mention to any family members how that meat got thawed. What they don't know won't hurt them, right?
I have been trying all day to filk something....the Ballad of SD.....just can't do it without breaking out in snickers. :hide I'm feel bad for your pain, SD, I hope you're feeling better.

Latest posts