Scary creature in my garage!!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I thought it may have been a raccoon, but it would have just popped the top open instead of chewing the bottom. :lol:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ugh, we have deer mice coming in our pantry, they run up the pipes from the cave LOL, they aint so smart though, as the pantry is our canned goods pantry, and they've been trying to eat some corned beef for ages.... they ate the label, but the can remains intact ahahahaha. We're slowly killing them, and they've started getting smaller so I think we're getting the younger generations now aha. Accio loves yummy mouse guts.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
punkin said:
I thought it may have been a raccoon, but it would have just popped the top open instead of chewing the bottom. :lol:
You bite your tongue on that!! rat I can handle, stray ferret maybe squirrel but Raccoon!!!

You know whats really funny? Have you ever seen the movie RV? With the raccoons and the umbrella? I just made my 8 year old go down to the garage with me, for protection of course. And all we took was and umbrella!!! Oh I am so pathetic.. How would I ever survive in the real country!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Tanks you are to funny LOL! But I get weirded out too sometimes. Funny when I really need to be strong though the adrenaline just pumps me through whatever it is I have to do and when I'm done I shake all over.
Wow I have a deer standing right outside this window as I type right now. Too cool! It's only about 10 feet away from where I'm sitting:>)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok, now wild life that close as long as it's not going to attack is cool. I think I would have to etell my kids it was a Reindeer. ;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Ok, now wild life that close as long as it's not going to attack is cool. I think I would have to etell my kids it was a Reindeer. ;)
Haha I tried to get a picture but I couldn't through the window and as soon as I opened the door it was gone. I've had some pretty close brushes with wildlife...walked out the backdoor one time to a bear that was about 5 ft away...and the bear i ran into walking home from the mailbox was a little intimidating...there was no where to run to so I had to be brave and just keep walking toward it until it decided I wasn't the weaker one and it took to the bush...that was really scary!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh I just thought of this! You know how to get whatever it is out of your garage...put a sterio in there and play it very loudly for a couple of days straight. seriously i got rid of all the squirrels and bats in my attic doing that. It drives them nuts and they move out.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My husband does have a stereo down there. It kinda vibrates the house when its loud. Maybe tomorrow while we are out side, That is if it doesn't rain. Knowing my luck it will be a country western loving rat. His buddies will all come over for a party and then Ill have a bunch.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
My husband does have a stereo down there. It kinda vibrates the house when its loud. Maybe tomorrow while we are out side, That is if it doesn't rain. Knowing my luck it will be a country western loving rat. His buddies will all come over for a party and then Ill have a bunch.
RFLOL! no, it will work...do you have neighbors that will complain if you leave it on a few days? Turn it down at night just to the point where it won't disturb your sleep, but try and just leave it on long enough to really convnce them that it is never going to stop:>)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am usually not afraid of a mouse, rat or any other little furry creature.

Tonight however I ran screaming for the house in terror!

Something came running at my feet when I got home from job #2. It was dark, with only the Christmas lights on the house, and whatever it was was not only BIG an funny there was some snaky thing slithering along behind it and I was soon to be DEAD!

I screamed and ran to the door .... When I opened it I could see my daughters new Pomeranian puppy, all 2 pounds of her, pulling her little tie out and coming to see me.

Evidently puppies taking a pee pee break are not deadly and the kid got a BIG laugh!:p