Scented vinegar for laundry

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am excited to try this!!! also I was thinking not only will this help the clothes, but if you have hard water like myself it will help dissolve the mineral deposit in the washing machine ya think?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It might be too diluted to do much, but hey, every little bit helps, right? I have really hard water, too.

I'm doing a load of laundry now with just a tiny bit of homemade orange oil and then added vinegar. I'm kind of interested in how this is going to turn out, too!

I'm going to try a small batch of the other one w/ the hair conditioner next. As I've said in other posts, DH had an accident years ago that has left him with practically no sense of smell. But some things we would find pleasant, like oranges, watermelon, peppermint, cucumbers (!!) smell really BAD to him. He liked it all prior to the accident. He says he can pick up the vinegar scent if he sweats (maybe he can), but he also doesn't like the scent of Zote that I use for homemade detergent. I hope the hand lotion scent takes care of his issues or that he doesn't smell the citrus.

Edited because apparently I'm doing better at multi mistaking today vs. multi tasking. Can't type a coherent sentence while I'm trying to get the 'going to town' list finalized.

myzanya

Power Conserver
Reaction score
wow...great post...
I'm gonna go make some...

and the orange oil...is a great tip...

thanks 4 your posts

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AND of course, I didn't come back and post the results!

I was really impressed with the orange vinegar fabric softener. The clothes didn't smell like orange, didn't smell like Zote, either. Just a clean and really fresh scent!

I mixed up a gallon jug of it yesterday. :D

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No. You will smell it in your washing machine as you take the clothes out, but there is no vinegar smell on your clothes after they dry.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great, I am going to try this. I HATE to pay those high prices for fabric softener. And at any family get-together, my sister complains about my "farm smell".

This from the person who won't let her kids play outside becouse they will get dirty, and won't allow them to have a pet that poops. :idunno

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh no! :lol: I finally realized that most of my farm smell came from the chicken pucky that was stuck to the bottom of my shoes!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
She also won't eat eggs I offer her, becouse they arnt white. "How can you tell they are clean when they are brown?" And lord forbid you try to give her a blue/ green egg!!