Scovie fever. Bad.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can do a kiddie pool...the bird yard is even right by the hose, it'd be easy...
I think I'll chop their flight feathers off before I let them loose. I'm hopefully getting "sub adults", which could mean anything from barely out of fuzz to nearly huge. We shall see :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Quailantwerp, you will have to let me know how they compare to your swedish ducks. Those were the other ones I was thinking of getting.
Those ones are so pretty.....I don't find the muscovy adults that attractive especially the white ones we are getting.
I'm sure I will fall in love though.
I never thought I would think a chicken is pretty either.........times can certainly change!
I don't think I can compare my 'scovies to the Swedish :lol: I love them both!

My the muscovies I already have are very quiet! You don't even know they are out there - except this morning, when both gals were going "pish pish" at the Sebbies over their water hole. It was a total stand off.

Even that "pish pish" was so quiet, we had to walk up to their pen to even hear them!

The blue sweds, on the other hand, can be very loud.

They are all just as equally messy.

But.

My 'scovies do not seem to tear up the yard when free ranging as the rest of the ducks do. The 'scovies are the only ones who don't go out of their way to make trouble. They seem to like to pretend that they're "incognito" lol