Second amendment

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Over the last few days what with all the assaults on my 2nd amendment right?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
"

First San Francisco declares the NRA a domestic terrorist organization. So I joined the NRA yesterday.

Next Walmart to Limit Ammunition Sales and Discourage ‘Open Carry’ of Guns in Stores. I live in a concealed carry state. How does this impact my 2nd amendment? IDK... There's no details behind the statements that I can find. So I guess I just don't shop at Walmart anymore. Why would I want to shop in a store that's a soft target? I have the right to defend myself and family don't I? I'm completely sure criminal's will fully comply with Walmart policy - Yeah right!!!

Same goes for Kroger but I did ask Kroger for an official response because I actually like Kroger, Walmart not so much... However no replies from Kroger yet.
Screenshot_2019-09-05-13-17-17.png

Then just a few minutes ago, my wife handed me a sales flyer folded open to some 9mm hand guns. She didn't need to say a word. I'm off to the store to bug matching his and hers 9mm with extra clips. So Lord forbid if we ever have to use them for self defense, at least we can toss each other clips, which I will practice with my wife.

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I like the Smith & Wesson M&P handguns. The one I bought has different size grips you can put on it, so my husband , with his big hands, can put on the large grip if he wants to use it for some reason. I like the middle sized grip, but it comes with a small grip also. It is hard to be accurate with a gun that has too large of grip for your hand. it needs to be comfortable to hold.

In Cheyenne, we had a city police officer comment that he never goes to the Walmart without his side arm. Walmart has the most calls in the city for disturbances - inside the store or in the parking lot. I admit, there were times I would drive into the parking lot and then leave without parking or going in.

All I can say is the problem is not the guns, it is People behaving badly!!

DellaMyDarling

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys are more Southern US?

Up here in Massholesetts if someone walked into a store open carry, you'd get a minimum 2 fainters, 3 screamers, and the SWAT descended before you could put your hands up.
EVEN THOUGH technically we are not a prohibited open carry state.

I'm not personally keen on the idea of carrying myself, but I've got one hell of a fox problem and the only solution I see is a 30 ought 6.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad it was peaceful but, they did several arrests prior to this of what they described as "known Neo-Nazi" group members. With the amount of military we have here, I would expect decency and good training to prevail. However, the Charlottesville situation of recent past did add to the concerns.

With all the hunters, military (current & retired), abiding citizens who just want their guns, I don't expect any gun removals. It isn't the gun but the gunner they need to control. There are some deranged minds out there.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
From what I heard, there was one young hot head who was trying to stir up trouble. He was quickly squelched by all of the gun toting protesters around him. Basically, they told him he wasn't welcome, and invited him to leave. He did. Seeing what I saw on the news last night: That protest made me PROUD to be an American. I rarely feel pride in that at all, based on the corruption, and other foolishness I see on a regular basis.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a hard time cocking any of our pistols. Need to go shopping to find one that I can easily handle. Unfortunately, I would have a hard time concealed carrying our .22 or shot gun. Moving one step closer to government stripping the rights of it's citizens to defend themselves.

I like my revolver, I pull the trigger and it fires. So much can and does wrong with semi's. A revolver is simple, tested, tried and true.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Friend bought a concealed carry pistol for his wife. He brought it home to find out she can't rack it. He knows just enough to be dangerous, sheesh. We showed her the motion for how to rack it while in the bar - no guns involved. She went home and yep, that works for her.

DellaMyDarling

Power Conserver
Reaction score
There's only one direction I could hope to shoot towards, and should stake out for nighttime so no one is hanging out in woods (I would alert our neighbors regardless.)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can finally rack the pistol. I was going about it all wrong, using poor body mechanics. I can't tell you what a sense of accomplishment that provides. So much easier to carry something in my pocket than tote a rifle around when I'm choring in the yard. There have been times when I've kept a rifle with me b/c of pred issues.