SheriM - Too Stubborn to Stop Dreamin' - SURPRISE!!!

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, everybody. I'm so sorry I haven't been on here lately, but things are pretty crazy around here. The pups are doing great. They're weaned and I've sold 2 so far. We've been going flat out getting ready for kidding and just general spring clean up. Normally, I don't get started on that kind of thing till April, but the weather has been cooperating, so I've been taking advantage of it.

I put in an order for 10 Buff Orpington and 10 standard Brahma chicks. They'll arrive at the end of April, so now I'm looking at everything on the place as a potential brooder. :)

Oh, and the other good news is I think I've found a good home for Ellie. I thought she was starting to settle down and not roam so much when she got out, but the other day she took the two big boys on a jaunt several miles from home. I can't have that, since there are people around here who wouldn't take kindly to roaming dogs and wouldn't hesitate to perform the 3 S's on all three.

Health-wise, I'm recovering slowly...much more slowly this time than the first time around. I'm still not back to work, due mostly to the neuropathy (numbness) in my hands and feet and the fatigue. I still don't have anywhere near the stamina I used to have. I do a few extra chores around here and end up needing a nap just to recover. That's not an option on the job. DH's condition is gradually deteriorating, so more and more is falling to me this year. I'm excited about spring and all the baby goats, chicks, etc. but the workload is looking a wee bit daunting at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for wondering about me. I'll try to check in a little more often and as soon as I can upload some puppy pics to Photobucket, I'll post them here. I promise!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
So glad to here from you! We have been worried. I know how much work there is in the spring. Try not to over do. :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs Sherrie.. So good to hear from you again. I know you must have so much going on..and now with spring..whew! I hope you recover soon...but please remember...you dont have to get it all done in one day..it will be there tomorrow, and thats ok! Take time to heal..when you can.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you.
And do try to take it slow and take care of yourself. Growing old sucks :old I hate having this old body, I feel like I am barely 30 in my mind, but my body differs. :lol:

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The past week or so has seen some major changes around here...all for the better, I hope. Ellie has gone to a new home, one where she will have close to a full section of land (640 acres) to roam and guard, and as a bonus, she got to take one of her babies with her. It was hard to see her go, but I just can't provide the kind of work environment she needs. She got out again a few days a go and took two of her puppies with her. Thankfully, she went toward my neighbor's place -- a mile away!! The neighbors found the pups and brought them home. Next day, Ellie took off again, this time with the two big boys, and they were gone all day. Now that Ellie is no longer here, I can get busy and repair all the damage she has done around here lately...wrecked fences (brand new chain link!) wooden walls in the barn, and inumerable holes under walls, fences etc.

On the opposite side of the equation, I have a new addition here too. It is spring and I have officially lost my mind! :D

nikki.jpg

Meet Nikki, an 11 year old Appaloosa (obviously). Had to travel over 700 km to find her, but bought her for a song. I've only ridden her a few times so far, but I'm really tickled with her.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nikki is beautifull!! Congrats! Maybe you can get some relaxing rideing time in. :)