shortages

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Naaaah, I won't faint for bought milk. Occasionally I've bought it....in last several years! I'm a big milk drinker. BUT there are many things I like -- not enough to grow, so I buy. The time and effort sometimes outweighs cost in $. Few things I cannot do without if none on "shelf"..... just some of those I'd rather not do without. 😔

When I look at price increases, so many on upper end are things I don't often buy, that I'm somewhat happy with self. 👍. Things I want, use, etc, I buy extra on sale. Like all of us! Dollars become very important when you retire. I'm practicing.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ya, looking at the freeze dried stuff, it is on sale right now AND in stock. Figures. We are getting a little tight in the budget with me not being able to find a job.
Time to stop being picky and get a job just for the paycheck. I was hoping to be able to find a "career" job for the last of my working years but its starting to look like just a 9 to 5'er is in my future.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya, looking at the freeze dried stuff, it is on sale right now AND in stock. Figures. We are getting a little tight in the budget with me not being able to find a job.
Time to stop being picky and get a job just for the paycheck. I was hoping to be able to find a "career" job for the last of my working years but its starting to look like just a 9 to 5'er is in my future.
Lawn mower got a flat, I tried to plug it but it was more of a tear than a hole. So I put it in my wife's bus, she took it to the tire shop. 4 hours later they had it ready to go, they put a tube in it. The manager apologized to my wife, said he was short staffed. Hired two people, they passed the drug, background and aptitude tests. Both were supposed to start Monday and never showed up. Friday is when my wife took the tire in. The manager said he's having a hard time getting anyone who wants to work for starting position in a tire shop. They also do minor mechanical work also.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
...The manager said he's having a hard time getting anyone who wants to work for starting position in a tire shop. They also do minor mechanical work also.

very common to hear in all sorts of jobs. those who actually do want to work are worth paying well, but that adds to the inflationary pressures so...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Montana red wheat berries that I make poultry feed out of has increased in price by approximately 45% since Spring of this year. Now, in addition to that there is a limit of 1 bag purchase. Soon they are going to limit it

I thought to buy 50# of rolled oats last trip....saw price and gasping for breath!! $32.79 🤪😢. Didn't buy.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I thought to buy 50# of rolled oats last trip....saw price and gasping for breath!! $32.79 🤪😢. Didn't buy.

less than $1/lb for oats is still a pretty good price. we were paying that 10 years ago or more. not sure what we paid last time for the oats we usually buy - it's still a good deal. with oats a little bit goes a long ways. i cook up 1/4 of a cup for breakfast with other things and it is usually too much and i should cut back.

Latest posts