shortages

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am living life dangerously - I have changed a canning recipe!! (insert dramatic music here)
There is a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate in the Ball Book of Canning that I wanted to try. But I never seem have enough strawberries and lemons to try it out. I found a 3-pound bag of LIMES at the store that was affordable, so I made Cherry Limeade Concentrate instead. It is cherry season after all, and not strawberry season. I made a partial batch to try it out and it is fabulous! I will be making a full batch and canning it for myself.

(Sorry, meant to put this on the canning thread.)

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can't believe that I cannot find Medium Green Enchilada sauce in any of the stores around here. One store I went to has a hole where it should be, but that space has been empty for a month. I stopped at a different store, and they don't even have a space for Medium Green Enchilada sauce. They only had one choice for a store brand, mild sauce. DH likes the sauce in his breakfast burritos besides the obvious enchilada use.
Just finding weird objects sold out.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just got done placing my order for tomorrow.

Yeah. Does anyone know the contact information for canners anonymous?

Told the wife when the jars are full, we're done for this season

We are not buying more jars

staycation. in your case you may also have to lose the phone for a few days...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All fencing is out of sight! $$$$. 😢. Lot of patching vice full replacement here. I see more hot wire will happen to HELP keep the animals off what's there. I'm going to look at rolled hay today....another couple grand to spend. 🤷🙄😩 Gotta have. Money saved to buy but, costs are higher and I do understand that.

Gardeners -- most of us -- get or save your seed!! A lot of sites are sold out on popular varieties, even at higher prices. I just bought any I thought low/old in hand. Bought a couple sleeves of canning lids this Spring. Good through 2023 I'm sure! Feels good. Prepared.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All fencing is out of sight! $$$$. 😢. Lot of patching vice full replacement here. I see more hot wire will happen to HELP keep the animals off what's there. I'm going to look at rolled hay today....another couple grand to spend. 🤷🙄😩 Gotta have. Money saved to buy but, costs are higher and I do understand that.

Gardeners -- most of us -- get or save your seed!! A lot of sites are sold out on popular varieties, even at higher prices. I just bought any I thought low/old in hand. Bought a couple sleeves of canning lids this Spring. Good through 2023 I'm sure! Feels good. Prepared.
Where did you get your canning sleeves?