shortages

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Went on this morning to start my monthly grocery/paper products pick up. Limit on water, bread and yogurt. The TP DH prefers went from $12/12 rolls to $19!!

Everything else was there for now....when I do my pick up we will see what gets 'canceled'.

Also $7 for a small bag of apples! Thank goodness we have our own trees.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yep - Amazing how different things are in different parts of the country.

Back when all the shortages started I talked to my DIL who worked for Walmart at the time. She told me to shop in the mornings because they stock the shelves overnight. When what was on the shelf was gone they didn't stock it again until that night for the next day. It was their way of 'rationing' their stocks. Have no idea if that is still going on anywhere. It doesn't really effect me because I'm always well stocked - even more so now.

DH and I decided a long time ago that we're not going to panic. There are a whole lot of things that we can live without. Toilet paper and pop tarts are not necessities in my life, lol. They sure are nice...well the toilet paper is convenient, but we don't eat pop tarts anyway. Flexibility and substitutions can carry you a long way.

I don't have a magic ball and I have no dates as to when this will end, but I'd really be annoyed, and surprised, if it lasted 10 years.

@Rammy do you feel like you're stocked enough to be ok for awhile?
Oh, you bet Im stocked
20210916_225130.jpg
20210916_225133.jpg
20201030_184509.jpg

And thats not even half of it. ;)