shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I must admit I'm very happy farm babe refuses to buy store bought cereal. It's stirred me to eating a more healthy breakfast. This week it's cranberry orange & pecan baked oatmeal.
IMG_20230207_142515436.jpg

I said you know you have pumpkin puree in the freezer, how about pumpkin pie baked oatmeal? She said I have a recipe for that. Maybe next week it'll be pumpkin pie baked oatmeal.

Storage is in lunch meat containers, stacked in the refrigerator. Pull one out, crack the lid, stick in the nuker for 2 minutes and enjoy hot breakfast.

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Last edited:

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I must admit I'm very happy farm babe refuses to buy store bought cereal. It's stirred me to eating a more healthy breakfast. This week it's cranberry orange & pecan baked oatmeal.
View attachment 22624
I said you know you have pumpkin puree in the freezer, how about pumpkin pie baked oatmeal? She said I have a recipe for that. Maybe next week it'll be pumpkin pie baked oatmeal.

Storage is in lunch meat containers, stacked in the refrigerator. Pull one out, crack the lid, stick in the nuker for 2 minutes and enjoy hot breakfast.

Do you think she might be willing to share that recipe?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you. 😊 I am also watching the sugar
Your welcome πŸ‘. I wanted to add Farm Babe asked me how I liked the Cranberry Orange baked oatmeal. I told her that the first bite surprised me but after that it was good. She asked for more details. I told her that I don't believe I have ever eaten unsweetened cranberries before. They are sour. Maybe add the whole orange instead of just the zest and that might be better next time? She agreed and said she would cut the oranges into small chunks net time.

The sourness threw my mind for a loop and I thought to myself. So this is what cranberries really taste like, not bad, not bad at all. If your like me you may have not had raw cranberries before and always had them prepared with copious amounts of sugar.

Like with cranberries. I find it very odd how I've develop preconceived notions about things. Then when I experience the REAL/TRUTH it sends my mind into deep thoughts.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Like how most people have no idea what a ripe peach or apricot tastes like because they are picked green because they don't ship well ripe. BUT neither of them ripen once picked. They only soften. Most stone fruit is like that.

We always had ripe off tree fruit growing up so I can't stand store stuff. Or those giant unripe strawberries.

I've made cranberry sauce many times and we've bought 100% cranberry juice for decades. Just mix it with some apple juice to taste. Cranberry jam is good on toast or mixed with yogurt.

The slight bitterness of the fresh cranberries is more an issue than the sourness to me.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Like how most people have no idea what a ripe peach or apricot tastes like because they are picked green because they don't ship well ripe. BUT neither of them ripen once picked. They only soften. Most stone fruit is like that.

We always had ripe off tree fruit growing up so I can't stand store stuff. Or those giant unripe strawberries.
There is nothing more amazing than a tree-ripened peach. :love I ate so many when my family visited SW Michigan in August a few years ago! I can't wait to go back and gorge on fresh peaches. The stone fruit in grocery stores are terrible. With the exception that sometimes plums are good-enough.