shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have 12 half gallon jars. They make great storage jars!
I like them for whole fermented dill pickles. She uses them for fermented carrots and like you storage of dry goods.

Over Christmas she was making fudge and told me she ran out of sugar and asked me if I would run to DG? I said nope but hold on. I went downstairs to the canning room found 1/2 gallon of sugar she put up and walked it back up stairs to the kitchen. She gave me a big ole fat kiss. A kiss speaks a thousand words, a big ole fat kiss, many thousands of words 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have about 4dz of the half gal. I use to milk into and store fresh goat milk. 😁 I need more. We don't have a Menards here. But, TSC and WalMart carry some. Have a dz 1/2 gal jugs with side grip, just for ease of pouring...customers and friends use, return for exchange empty/full. I special order those.

Getting time to pick up those things every chance! Kids and gardens soon! :drool:celebrate

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have about 4dz of the half gal. I use to milk into and store fresh goat milk. 😁 I need more. We don't have a Menards here. But, TSC and WalMart carry some. Have a dz 1/2 gal jugs with side grip, just for ease of pouring...customers and friends use, return for exchange empty/full. I special order those.

Getting time to pick up those things every chance! Kids and gardens soon! :drool:celebrate
Hush... My wife planned the garden for this spring. All I got was this piece of paper with being volunentold to order seeds. I tried to explain there's only like a thousand different kinds of tomatoes. She said whatever you think but no hybrids or GMOs. I just said Ay Mam. Now how to cram all this into a 50x100, might have to go vertical 🙄
IMG_20220114_213437069.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, strawberries and asparagus are entirely different, perennial beds. Start tilling. :lol:
My son gave me a two bottom and as soon as I get up the courage, I'm going hitch it up and put it to use. I kind of would like just a single bottom but the way the plow is built there is no way the convert without cutting it with a torch. It's an old ferguson, like a WWII era beast of a thing. The thing is intimidating looking it looks just like this one, rust and all.

Internet picture (not mine)
Screenshot_20220115-001821~2.png

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hush... My wife planned the garden for this spring. All I got was this piece of paper with being volunentold to order seeds. I tried to explain there's only like a thousand different kinds of tomatoes. She said whatever you think but no hybrids or GMOs. I just said Ay Mam. Now how to cram all this into a 50x100, might have to go vertical 🙄View attachment 18052

Her garden sounds lovely! I have all that in mine minus cabbage (cant ever get them to form balls) and beets :sick. I have peas and carrots instead!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hush... My wife planned the garden for this spring. All I got was this piece of paper with being volunentold to order seeds. I tried to explain there's only like a thousand different kinds of tomatoes. She said whatever you think but no hybrids or GMOs. I just said Ay Mam. Now how to cram all this into a 50x100, might have to go vertical 🙄View attachment 18052

I think some of those would do really well in raised beds, which you can put anywhere.

Looking forward to watching the evolution

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
walmart has lids. golden harvest were $1.50 and ball were $2.30. they had about 6 cases of the ball....and some jars too. View attachment 18050
That was a real good price for Golden Harvest. Here the cheapest price I have seen is 3.95.... when you can find them. I have had VERY GOOD results with that brand... and I prefer their jars for the attractive designs on the sides... and the prices. Since the lids are all made in the same factory it doesn't make sense to pay more for the "name brand".... and growing up we always used Kerr if we had a choice. I have many dozens of bail top glass jars that I recently bought some jar rubbers for to see if they will work. The jar rubbers are not as big as the old ones they used to make... so it will be an experiment. I also have about a case of Tattler Lids and the rubber rings for them....