shortages

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
snicker salad is a little bit like waldorf salad, except use chopped up snickers bars in place of anything healthy, and the "dressing" is a cool whip concoction. It's disgusting, I loved it. :D My aunt made it for Thanksgiving to pacify children.

Tater tot hot dish is apparently a midwestern Lutheran phenomenon? Every church potluck would have a few tater tot hot dishes (and all the desserts were chocolate). It's tater tots and cheese, if you're lucky there might be meat. If you're really lucky they are in a single layer like the picture and crispy. More often it they were piled up in the pan so the center was mushy and the outside was crispy.

View attachment 18104
I know of similar concoctions!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
snicker salad is a little bit like waldorf salad, except use chopped up snickers bars in place of anything healthy, and the "dressing" is a cool whip concoction. It's disgusting, I loved it. :D My aunt made it for Thanksgiving to pacify children.

Tater tot hot dish is apparently a midwestern Lutheran phenomenon? Every church potluck would have a few tater tot hot dishes (and all the desserts were chocolate). It's tater tots and cheese, if you're lucky there might be meat. If you're really lucky they are in a single layer like the picture and crispy. More often it they were piled up in the pan so the center was mushy and the outside was crispy.

View attachment 18104

that's what i want for brunch! :)