shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just an FYI... my wife says this is a good price for bacon at Dollar General $6.50. IDK... I don't do the grocery shopping.
IMG_20220312_135344587.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Just an FYI... my wife says this is a good price for bacon at Dollar General $6.50. IDK... I don't do the grocery shopping.
View attachment 18457

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
We get our bacon from the local butcher, $5.99 per pound. So much less waste from those store packages packed of water. The extra thick sliced is $6.99 per pound. So good

Oh, and a lot of the store packages are now only 12 oz

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I often buy the "ends and pieces" of bacon that are packaged and sold at our "discount" grocery outlet. It averages about 2.99 / lb... usually a 2 lb pkg or so... some thick pieces, but alot of slices that are just not "nice looking".... sometimes a few pieces of fat back that works good in a big pot of baked beans... I don't care if they are "perfect slices".... I also bought bacon last year or the year before, before it went up so much and froze about 6-8 lbs; some in 6 slice pkgs so I could take out a pkg and have a couple of breakfasts or to cook and have for blt sandwiches and such.
Yes, I have noticed that often the bacon is in 12 oz pkgs instead of a full pound, at the same price; you know that alot of people don't look at that either.... just like the ice cream in 48 oz containers instead of a full half gallon....

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I often buy the "ends and pieces" of bacon that are packaged and sold at our "discount" grocery outlet. It averages about 2.99 / lb... usually a 2 lb pkg or so... some thick pieces, but alot of slices that are just not "nice looking".... sometimes a few pieces of fat back that works good in a big pot of baked beans... I don't care if they are "perfect slices".... I also bought bacon last year or the year before, before it went up so much and froze about 6-8 lbs; some in 6 slice pkgs so I could take out a pkg and have a couple of breakfasts or to cook and have for blt sandwiches and such.
Yes, I have noticed that often the bacon is in 12 oz pkgs instead of a full pound, at the same price; you know that alot of people don't look at that either.... just like the ice cream in 48 oz containers instead of a full half gallon....
I have been looking, but can't find those packages of odds and ends bacon. Used to use those a lot in the broke post divorce days in scrambled eggs or soups