shortages

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Frog in the pot syndrome. Think about it.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Its not news that we have a serious drought going on in the midwest which is predicted to last for years. The farmers are not being given the water they need to irrigate thier crops. Lake Meade is at record low levels.
Farmers cant or wont be able to afford fertilizer to grow thier crops, especially corn.
Areas around the world have stated they have had or will have low yields or failures due to weather. Several countries have had failures already.
You ever wonder why China has bought over half the worlds grains and is stockpiling food? Not only have they had crop failures, but with the Grand Solar Minimum happening, growing food will become even harder with the fluctuating weather patterns. They see famine as a fact.
Combine that with shipping problems, the war going on right now, and even the news finally stating shortages will become an issue, things are about to get bad.
I would suggest watching Ice Age Farmer on Youtube. He has been covering this for years, trying to warn people.
Im just trying to warn people wherever I can that our world as we know it is about to go south in a big way. I have been preparing for years now.
Even major food chains CEOs have come out and said shortages are imminent. Prices are going to skyrocket by summer. Please stock up now. It might not be there tomorrow.
And here is an article where even the potato in chief says its going to get real.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
it sure looks like a bad year for petroleum-dependent agriculture. I'm maintaining my stock, paying a bit more attention to those big-ag products, like flour. I'm also starting to keep a little extra of my critical vitamins/supplements on hand

If you are serious about stocking, make sure your stock meets your nutritional needs. High calorie consumption makes some nutrient deficiencies worse! People tend to stock items with poor nutrition content.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it sure looks like a bad year for petroleum-dependent agriculture. I'm maintaining my stock, paying a bit more attention to those big-ag products, like flour. I'm also starting to keep a little extra of my critical vitamins/supplements on hand

If you are serious about stocking, make sure your stock meets your nutritional needs. High calorie consumption makes some nutrient deficiencies worse! People tend to stock items with poor nutrition content.
You bet I am. Little did I realize, though, when another BYH member got me interested in raising meat rabbits that it might end up being more than just an extra money thing.
Im also going to get some broilers to raise. The steers we raised last year will last us a while.
In the meantime, calorie dense foods, dry goods, beans, pasta, sugar, salt, flour, rice, just to name a few.
Supplements, OTC meds, woumd care, bandages, batteries also.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have to ask yourself why Russia attacked Ukraine in the first place. Now just saying, Ukraine is a hotbed of corruption in their government. Sound familiar? There is a rumor floating around that Ukraine and USA are playing footsies with chemical weapons that are banned here in the good ol' USA. True? False? no idea. Putin is a mad man, that much is certain.

Reminds me of the Covid "research" in Wuhan that good ol' Dr. Fauci was involved with. He announced in 2017 that a pandemic was coming. Surprise! It came from a BAT! Sure it did....... It killed my husband and took away the love of my life. Burn in a hot place Dr Fauci and all those involved.

Russia also has not signed on with the New World Order, basically telling NATO to "F" off. Any country not in lockstep with the "elites" of the world is on their sh!t list.

I am not condoning Russia's attack on Ukraine in ANY way. The horrific bombing is killing innocent women, children, elderly and ALL of it is wrong. Putin is insane.

The company Burisma "hired" Hunter Biden at enormous sums of money, to sit on its board of directors. Why?

Google it.

Ukraine is corrupt and dirty. USA is corrupt and dirty. Russia is corrupt and dirty.

And here comes taking Iran OFF the terrorist list! Here comes a back door deal with Iran that will let them go full speed on their diabolical plans to nuke the crap out of Death To AMERICA.

And our administration is worried that Americans will finally get fed up with them and not vote for them in the mid terms..... ya' think? Why would we vote for getting attacked and nuked by a terrorist nation that hates us?

I don't know where I'm going with all this, just pointing out that elements are swirling about that do not sound like a peaceful world. The MSM is already beating the WWW3 drums, why? That would be cataclysmic for the entire world, so why be in favor of it?

We can stockpile all we want to, if we get bombed to smithereens like Ukraine, what good will it do us? Can't haul all of it around. A well placed bomb will destroy everything.

I am disgusted. I am angry. I am fed up with politicians lining their pockets at the expense of the rest of the population. Corruption is world wide.

I vote, choosing the lessor of two evils, knowing it isn't doing one bit of good.

At this point, about all we can do is try to prepare as best as we can. We can prepare for our families and communities. Not trying to start any arguments here, just disgusted. Try to be a bright spot in your community, help others around you.

Shortages are coming. Famine is real. War is real. All of it is ugly. It's coming at us like a freight train. It's coming at the whole world. What will stop it? Can it be stopped? I'm going to shut up now. I've probably pissed off half the people here, I apologize if I have offended anyone. Y'all can yell at me now.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Novel disease outbreaks are occurring at an increased rate than ever before.

At the time, there was Zika outbreak threatening to become epidemic and the Ebola epidemic was just becoming managed. In December 2016 (before Fauci's comment in January 2017), there was already concern about Trump's capacity to handle a pandemic. I think Fauci's comment was appropriate for the concerns at the time.

No doubt there is some ugly politicking going on. I have similar concerns.