shortages

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Certainly there is frustration, anger, confusion and concerns EVERYWHERE!! It's so bad to see it and can't stop or alter it....after all, most of us are of the "DIY and fix it" mindset. Every facet of life is in upheaval right now. There is no easy or right way to resolve most of it. That's why we look for all the ways we can to survive and maintain what we can. Things will get terribly worse before better. I pray the war portion does not come to America! To me, that is my most dreaded happening.

Each has our own way of dealing but, I think we all agree that some stockpiling to help level shortages is a good effort. We can look around our own farm, community, etc., to make decisions for our own comfort levels for shelter, food and day to day needs should we have catastrophic situations occur. Some cash on hand is a good thing, too.

I think we're all doing great to also know "we can do this"! We know HOW -- many out there don't have a clue.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have to ask yourself why Russia attacked Ukraine in the first place. Now just saying, Ukraine is a hotbed of corruption in their government. Sound familiar? There is a rumor floating around that Ukraine and USA are playing footsies with chemical weapons that are banned here in the good ol' USA. True? False? no idea. Putin is a mad man, that much is certain.

Reminds me of the Covid "research" in Wuhan that good ol' Dr. Fauci was involved with. He announced in 2017 that a pandemic was coming. Surprise! It came from a BAT! Sure it did....... It killed my husband and took away the love of my life. Burn in a hot place Dr Fauci and all those involved.

Russia also has not signed on with the New World Order, basically telling NATO to "F" off. Any country not in lockstep with the "elites" of the world is on their sh!t list.

I am not condoning Russia's attack on Ukraine in ANY way. The horrific bombing is killing innocent women, children, elderly and ALL of it is wrong. Putin is insane.

The company Burisma "hired" Hunter Biden at enormous sums of money, to sit on its board of directors. Why?

Google it.

Ukraine is corrupt and dirty. USA is corrupt and dirty. Russia is corrupt and dirty.

And here comes taking Iran OFF the terrorist list! Here comes a back door deal with Iran that will let them go full speed on their diabolical plans to nuke the crap out of Death To AMERICA.

And our administration is worried that Americans will finally get fed up with them and not vote for them in the mid terms..... ya' think? Why would we vote for getting attacked and nuked by a terrorist nation that hates us?

I don't know where I'm going with all this, just pointing out that elements are swirling about that do not sound like a peaceful world. The MSM is already beating the WWW3 drums, why? That would be cataclysmic for the entire world, so why be in favor of it?

We can stockpile all we want to, if we get bombed to smithereens like Ukraine, what good will it do us? Can't haul all of it around. A well placed bomb will destroy everything.

I am disgusted. I am angry. I am fed up with politicians lining their pockets at the expense of the rest of the population. Corruption is world wide.

I vote, choosing the lessor of two evils, knowing it isn't doing one bit of good.

At this point, about all we can do is try to prepare as best as we can. We can prepare for our families and communities. Not trying to start any arguments here, just disgusted. Try to be a bright spot in your community, help others around you.

Shortages are coming. Famine is real. War is real. All of it is ugly. It's coming at us like a freight train. It's coming at the whole world. What will stop it? Can it be stopped? I'm going to shut up now. I've probably pissed off half the people here, I apologize if I have offended anyone. Y'all can yell at me now.
🌪️🌪️

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Certainly there is frustration, anger, confusion and concerns EVERYWHERE!! It's so bad to see it and can't stop or alter it....after all, most of us are of the "DIY and fix it" mindset. Every facet of life is in upheaval right now. There is no easy or right way to resolve most of it. That's why we look for all the ways we can to survive and maintain what we can. Things will get terribly worse before better. I pray the war portion does not come to America! To me, that is my most dreaded happening.

Each has our own way of dealing but, I think we all agree that some stockpiling to help level shortages is a good effort. We can look around our own farm, community, etc., to make decisions for our own comfort levels for shelter, food and day to day needs should we have catastrophic situations occur. Some cash on hand is a good thing, too.

I think we're all doing great to also know "we can do this"! We know HOW -- many out there don't have a clue.
Screenshot_20220320-000116~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I still reuse tinfoil all the time... and bacon grease always goes in a can on the stove.... I save any of the plastic containers, like if I get some "treat" in the bakery dept of say Walmart or the grocery store... and use them as seed starter "greenhouses" or places to keep odds and ends on the desk or anything...

Last edited:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I still reuse tinfoil all the time... and bacon grease always goes in a can on the stove.... I save any of the plastic containers, like if I get some "treat" in the backery dept of say Walmart or the grocery store... and use them as seed starter "greenhouses" or places to keep odds and ends on the desk or anything...
I do the same thing with all of those. I also wash out my baggies and reuse. And I keep all plastic tubs (cottage cheese) for leftovers.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, I'm with ya....save all that stuff. Bacon grease is such a flavor boost to cooking!
I do hate that I have to eat four muffins to get a greenhouse though. :lol:

@CrealCritter the milk is flowing here....goats!! 👍. And ricotta cheese is only an hour to make fresh. Price that one next time you shop. Then, the chickens (& pigs) love the whey. If you make lasagna, those cheeses cost! Before long you'll have fresh cow milk. Butter!!! OMG, soooo good fresh. And cheese to make. Yeah, home dairy animals provide so much....plus garden fertilizer.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we can't keep all the containers but i've been rotating my older containers into the recycle bin for the past year since i had way too many stacked up on the shelf in my closet and as they get older they start to crack. if i'd kept them all i'd have several hundred more than i have now.

at one time i thought of putting small cedar trees in each one and setting them out by the road for sale for $1 to get back some of the $ spent on the yogurt. we could easily start a few dozen cedar trees a year just going around and finding them in the gravel around the different areas we have.

this whole line of cedar trees was from seedlings over the years, we'd also sold about 50 similar sized cedars to some friends who wanted them for their property. not counting many others we've given away.

featured_hu24910660336c85bfeac27db1ce0a2c23_877127_720x0_resize_q100_lanczos.jpg

we have to fence them because the deer really enjoy munching on them in the middle of winter when there's nothing else to eat.

Last edited:

Latest posts